Can someone tell me more about the Scorpyd VTEC?

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by J123Z, Jun 30, 2019.

1. J123Z

J123Z Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just picked this up in a trade, and I know nothing about crossbows other than this is supposed to be a good one. I'd kind of like to get into the hobby, but I am not really a hunter. I live in AZ, so I could see it being fun to take a Javalina with a crossbow, but other than that, not sure what to do with it. Can anyone tell me anything about the VTEC? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not familiar with that particular model but Scorpyd is pretty much a custom crossbow. They were the ones who invented the reverse draw technology and it's my understanding that anyone who sells reverse draw crossbows, such as Tenpoint, Barnett, and etc. have to pay them a royalty. They are known for their very personal service and really standing behind their products. Of the models I do know a little bit about, I've never heard any negatives.

3. J123Z

J123Z Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks pastor Jim. I think they have also been called the Extreme from what I have seen. I can tell it is definitely a quality bow. I have never owned or shot a crossbow, so I'm just not sure if it is going to be too much bow for me.

4. J123Z

J123Z Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually thinking about selling it, do you think it would be worth $1,000 including the SKB flight case?

5. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would go over to crossbowtalk or crossbow nation and see if you could find one in their classifieds to see what they're going for. If you don't see any in the classifieds, go in their general discussion thread and ask around. I haven't been in crossbows long enough to give an informed opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk