Can Cooker Shrimp and Kielbasa

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by drath, Jan 14, 2014.

1. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Corn on the cob (4 ears or 8 halves)
    Red potatoes (as many as you think you’ll need)
    Large Yellow onion
    1lb Kielbasa (we could have used 2 lbs)
    1lb Jumbo Shrimp
    Crab and shrimp boil (the kind that comes two bags to a box)
    1 can beer
    About 8-12oz water

Cut or break corn cobs in half and place on end in bottom of cooker or on the rack if you have one. Cut red potatoes in half and put on top of corn. Cut onion in nice sized chunks and toss it in the cooker. Cut Kielbasa in fairly large chunks (bigger than bite size) and place on top. Add Black pepper to taste and one bag of crab boil, beer and water. Cook Can Cooker style for 30 minutes. Remove from heat to add shrimp and the 2nd bag of crab boil. Add more pepper if needed. Add more water/beer if needed. Cook Can Cooker Style for another 10-15 minutes.
    This was enough to stuff two grown men for dinner and lunch the next day (we just reheated it in a pot with some water). A little more kielbasa would have been nice for the next days lunch. Darn good and darn easy.

Kielbasa bonus: The fat from the sausage steams out and makes clean up of the cooker even easier than usual.

20140110_191500.jpg 20140110_191507.jpg

2. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This was the first recipe we made with our Can Cooker and it was awesome. We did it after a long day of fishing and since it was so low maintenance we were able to sit back and enjoy some beers while it cooked. As a bonus we threw in some walleye fillets that were perfectly cooked when it was done.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This is, hands down, my favorite CanCooker recipe. I make it at least once a month. Even my 18 month old likes it. :tu:

4. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, mouth watering. I may cook some tonight in my moms crockpot