Can anyone come up with..

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John Galt, Aug 27, 2013.

1. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    any reason in the world for the USA to get involved in Syria?
    I mean any reason what so ever.
    We are still mired in that debacle called Afghanistan, a region full of the worlds most despicable, worthless degenerating people known to mankind.
    Iraq is rapidly heading deeper into the stone age after we spent tens of billions of China's dollars trying to force the ways of human civilization upon a culture more suited for animals.
    Once again we are about to prove to the world how not to be leaders.

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would say the likely argument, besides humanitarian concerns, would be to secure the WMDs that are being used...de ja vu.

Ps. But, I suspect O will do whatever the UN or Europe wants to do...
    -Bill

3. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So, I guess its ok for foreign countries to hold mass executions of their citizens and we are supposed to stand idly by?

4. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    they have been killing each other for centuries and nothing we or anyone else does will stop or change that fact. we need to focus on our problems and our issues first before worrying about others. stop sending money and aid to these countries that hate us

5. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This going to be interesting to unfold, politically. Back when we invaded Iraq, Republicans were generally on board with Bush invading and Dems were generally opposed. Now almost the same scenerio in unfolding - another country using chemical weapons on their own citizens. The difference now is a democratic US president. So will these same people who were for and against during the Iraq run hold their same stance as before or will the roles be reversed and Republicans be against and Dems be for it?

Generally speaking of course, it will be interesting to see if people stick with their convictions or follow their political party. Of course there are people who will change opinions based on "knowing what we know now about invading a country" mentality and that's fine but I believe that will be the minority of the people.

6. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No way. The U.S. is not supposed to police the world. We are trillions of dollars in debt and a war would just add to that and take a toll on our military. My family has been republicans for a long time and my family never wanted to get into Iraq.

7. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    The entire Arab population of that region has shown time and time again to have no moral character, they are an uneducated mass that strives on turmoil, violence and destruction.
    They have no place in a civil society, and steadfastly hold to a religion that demands the deaths of any who don't blindly follow these beliefs.
    Hell or the likes is all that awaits these people.

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Someone better tell them.......they think there are virgins waiting for them. You mean, it might just be Miley Cyrus!?

9. USFAN51473

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure she ain't no virgin:busted:

10. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    Has no one told them they are virgin camels?

And those have to be imported from other regions for obvious reasons!

11. USFAN51473

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed.

12. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't figure out which side we should be on if we were to pick. One side is the currenty government who are a**holes backed by the Russians. Or the rebels who are the same pinheads we are fighting and have been,AlQueda. I say let them kill each other and stomp the winner.
    We should learn our lesson.

13. USFAN51473

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on the side that does not use WMDs on innocent women and children.

14. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Parts of Syria will be useless in less than a week. I like how we announce to the world that the threat is coming. I would guess we do this, so we can blow up where they came from and (once they move) where they think it is secure.

They asked for it.

15. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For some reason, our Gov't thinks we are the "Police of the World." Just another way of trying to DIVERT the public's attention from the piss poor job the gov't is doing. Create a Diversion with the hope that people will not pay attention to their careless behavior. Such as wasteful spending, poor job growth and a weakening economy. Just my .02!

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sam's right on.

This is the United Nations problem and it's their decision. If they choose to act on this, they should ask The United States government to help in overthrowing the Syrian government. At that point, I feel it would be our duty to agree and step in and clean house(along with the other countries within the UN). As responsible world citizens we cannot let other governments us MWD's, or chemical weapons against their own people. However, we are part of a larger organization when it comes to dealing with rogue nations. The UN needs to step up and lead, not the US.

17. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We like to venture

18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The UN is going to do squat....Russia will veto any action-military or otherwise. As said in an earlier post, Europe will/should drive this one.

19. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have no problem staying out of it, and Sam is exactly right as well as many others. These countries have destroyed themselves for centries and its been shown many times goin over to "straighten things out" does nothing. Most recently Egypt is a perfect example. I see no point in goin over and wasting lives and resources to go settle a conflict one country is having with itself, unless they attack us directly in one way or the other. Then thats easy, don't mess around go over drop some heavy artillery, sweep through leaving not much behind on the ground and say thanks for coming and get the hell out. No need to try and fix anything or push our culture or beliefs onto a population that doesn't want it.

This is the opion of a former SGT of Marines, but is in no way how anything is handled. See Benghazi as example of the all talk no show administration running this country.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Europe won't do anything withoug the US taking the lead. They are all pretty spineless.