camo clothing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DADO, Mar 8, 2012.

1. DADO

DADO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all,

On the topic of camouflage... I want to get a full set of camo clothing that will be good for hunting deer and have been checking out the stuff on this website… http://www.camp-hunt-shoot.com

Can anyone suggest which clothing might be the best to get, including the best camo pattern for hunting deer?

Does what you're hunting even matter when picking camo stuff, or is it all about the environment you're in?

Thanks for the assist.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site. Not sure that I would have made my first post an advertising post for another site but hope you are here for real. I love Predator camo! All that I wear all season! Impossible to say which camo is best and everyone has an opinion just like with bows. Find a pattern that you like and give it a shot!

3. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I buy whatever is on the clearance rack at my local shop, don't really care if it even matches

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is definitely a way to go also and nothing wrong with it! Whatever works!

5. Buck Commander

Buck Commander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First, just a random question DADO, do you happen to live at 3340 Victoria in Rowsley, Australia?

Anyways, it all boils down to your preference. If you like to fully match your environment then go take some pictures of your treestand from the ground and see how well you can match it. If you don't really care, just get whatever is cheapest. Both will get the job done in most cases so it's all up to you.

6. Where's Bruce?

Where's Bruce? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Orange County-People's Republik of Mexifornistan
    A few thoughts:

Layering is best.
    Comfort is most important and what keeps a spot & stalk hunter comfortable is often very different then what keeps a still or treestand hunter comfortable.
    Cost may be a factor and that's an individual decision.
    Pattern is a matter of choice as well, depends on whether you are hunting open country, forest, snow, etc.
    The area is also important, camos that hold up well in some areas will be destroyed by another (hunt Arizona sometime...everything is prickly and sharp.)
    Ultimately there no "one" choice and most of us own a variety of camos each intended for a specific use. I prefer brushed camos that are silent and light so Sitka Gear Optifade and L5 Cyclone (for rainy weather) are my choices but I own a lot of camo I rarely use because it is intended for specific "travel" locales, not my immediate area. Hope that helps.

Of course, if your name is Santino Anastasi then F U.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As others have said, layering is the absolute best option. It's warmer and more versatile than a big heavy jacket. Lots of options and you can mix and match whatever you need for the conditions.

DO NOT skimp on clothing. If you're going to skimp, do it on other gear. Good clothing that is comfortable, warm and versatile will keep you in the woods longer. Nothing worse than getting chased out of a stand because you're cold.

As for patterns. I am personally a Predator camo fan. Go to the web site and look at the pics. They speak for themselves.

8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like everyone has said, layering is your best bet. And another vote for Predator Camo!

9. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ive been looking at the lost camo! Its sweet! i am going to pick up some of the clothing at some point this summer when i get some cash in my wallet! :tu:

10. IrishHunter

IrishHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like everyone is saying its your opinion and choice. Right now walmart has been dropping there price on hunting clothing from pants,shirts, masks, hats, gloves. last week the pants were $15 from $30. This week they are $9. And it is Realtree AP my favorite. Also you kind of need to blend in with your surroundings. Realtree has an app on the iphone where you type in your area and it will tell you what pattern will work best for that area. Just look around and find what best fits the area and your price. Only thing I wouldnt skimp on is probably a good winter coat. Def need it to fit right and keep you warm and be out of the way. Good luck in finding what you need and like there is so much out there.

11. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use KUIU, they are the best I have found

12. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmmmm , no reply, 1st post ......... Spaaaaaaaamm.

ENIGMACAMO all the way, you know it makes sense ;)