Cameras that send pics to your phone

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Jchal3, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Jchal3

Jchal3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thinking of changing over to cameras that send the pictures to your phone. How do they work, is it worth it?

I currently run 6 cameras, and would sell those and cut down to 2 of the other cameras.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally enjoy going into the woods to check my cams. It's also a good way to see what's going on, especially during the rut. Your trail cam isn't showing you what sign is in your woods. jmo

3. Jchal3

Jchal3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. I see that side of it too...I just feel like maybe I'm in there way too much.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting one this year and putting it in a spot I want to stay out of until the right time. Checked with my cell carrier and adding the service seems easy enough.

scottyprice85 likes this.
  5. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 5 Spartan Gocams. Love them. I Don't go out and change the cards unless I have to change the battery. I have 2 3g cams that are about 4years old. My other 3 are 4g and will send pictures and videos. You don't set it to send videos each trip but if you see a good picture of something and want a video you can request it. Video each trip will eat batteries and data. Very reliable. I have a Verizon phone so I just added these like another phone to my shared data. It 5 bucks a month for each. The premium plan from Spartan is 3 bucks a month each. I did make external battery packs for each. They last over 4 months. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Okiebob likes this.
  6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have two......a Spypoint Link S and a Stealth Cam GXW. I really like them and it's great getting those notifications on your phone at random times that something is there. Very addictive!

Blessings.......Pastorjim

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  7. blackpowderrob

blackpowderrob Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 cams. 2 Spypoints and 1 Covert
    The spypoints will give you 100 photos free each month or you can pay for different plans. The covert uses AT&T $25/3 months or 2 GBs. I evjoy them over the others, use them sometimes as a security cam if needed. But I reall like seeing what’s happening during the week before I go to my stand on the weekend, or if the action is hot then take a Vac day and head to the woods. I would sell my cuddeback and Stealth cams to get another cell cam or 2!
    I will say this the Spypoints have better signal strength than the 2015 Code Black Covert!

tracer likes this.
  8. Nybowhunter43

Nybowhunter43 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 Spy Points. Love them. I started using them last year and it is very addicting. Mine use Verizon service and work well where I am.

blackbear likes this.