Cam Trakker Trail Camera

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Hammer1171, May 21, 2012.

1. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone,

I am a new member and was hoping for a stroke of good luck. I bought a Cam Trakker trail camera after several Moultries that were just not that great. Long story short, my cam trakker was submerged in water after hurricane Irene and has not worked since. When I tried to contact Cam Trakker I found they were out of business. I paid $400+ and it was a great unit and would love to have had the oppurtunity to send it back to get fixed. Anybody know or have contact with anyone who used to work at Cam trakker?

Thanks

2. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. Cam Fan

Cam Fan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like any camera if batteries are installed and it is put under water it will fry the boards. What you will need is the guts removed and replaced which is basically a new camera. I have been helping Dan break down the factory and see him on a regular basis. I too like my camtrakker cameras. I have helped several people with things they needed to get them going again but he would have to tell me if he still has the parts you would need to get you going again.
    I can ask him next week. Is yours a MK-10? How old is it?

4. Cam Fan

Cam Fan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got in touch with Dan like I said, I did not hear back from you on what model camera it was but like I thought it would be a waste of money to send it in. With all the work stations down, 3 dumpsters of parts gone and the buisness is closed I am sorry. You would need a complete rebuild and it would be cheaper to buy a new camera and there are none available. Anyone who builds cameras like the homebrews could vouch for that. I like my cameras too so I thought I would try for you. Sorry

5. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That was a nice attempt cam fan :hail:

6. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much Cam Fan. I appreciate you looking into it. BTW it is/was an MK-10

7. Cam Fan

Cam Fan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it was mine I would do this.

I would CAREFULLY cut the epoxy seal at the top to allow any remaining water out. You can do this with an exacto knief or dremel tool. Do not cut into the case to deep since there are alot of ribbons and wires under the top. Once it is open allow it to completley dry. You could retry it and may luck up. I have done this with a phone I droped in water. If this does not work there are a couple of homebrew builders that MAY be able to trouble shoot it for you. I know of some, it would be worth asking. That camera is basically a digital camera with out the sleak camera housing. Sony changed cameras so fast when Camtrakker was using digital cameras that they decided to build their own camera. I have not asked but I would imagine someone with the ability to fix and come up with hacks for cameras would be qualified to try. I am not that person lol I wish I was smart enough. Now if someone would be willing to help you, I saved many things from the dumpster, including resistors etc that if they needed what I have I would give it to them.
    I know one worker that I could get in touch with. I do not know what his duties were, but since he was a worker and lost his job he may not be interested. If you do not want to do this I would be interested in the batteries and charger. You could send a pm
    Good luck and keep me posted.