Calling/Rut

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dunn County, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been trying to find the right post and just haven't quite yet. I'm heading after my #1 buck this weekend and will be hunting timber surround in a U a 5 acre overgrown crab apple pasture patch that leads out to standing corn on the 4th side. The two fingers of woods connect to a large block of timber on this in the opposite direction. I have stands here, up on the ridge and also in the river bottom to the north beyond the ag fields. I had 2 encounters last weekend one in AM and 1 in PM. I want to be aggressive as he is tearing this area up all over which tells me this is core and not just a rub line.

So here is the questions:

Do I keep sitting same stand back along patch or do I move a couple hundred yards up onto the ridge or even try 400 yards north in the river bottom?

Also, I'm looking for any tips anyone might have or things to stay way from.

Next as far as decoys, rattling, and calling goes I want to know what I can get away with doing and what I should wait on (How often, duration, and etc.). It would be great to actually hear a sequence.

I usually know what to do, however, I'm over thinking my moves right now in hopes not to blow it with this buck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!