Cabela's

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by racewayking, Aug 7, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why can't I ever spend less than $150.00 at this dang place?? I stopped in today armed with $125.00 in gift certificates and still had to shell out $57.00 before I got out:confused: I do have another dozen Easton Axis Nano's, a new bowcase, two packages of replacement cartridges for my Crossfire broadheads and some field points though:cool:

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    what do you think of the nano's finish? I don't like the finish compared to the old ST's Axis. unfortunately i ruined on arrow using a zipstrip, & got into the surface. I might get rid of the 11 of them for $90. haven't made up my mind to keep them or not. If I get someone interested I may get rid of them. I called them & easton said they have been getting quite a few of complaints & will probably be changing the finish next yr.

3. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting ICS Hunters with my old setup and never shot the ST AXIS so I can't compare. I'm a little let down on the fletching job, kinda messy for my liking. What is the difference in the two?

4. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    last yr's st's had a very smooth almost wax-like finish. the nanos are striated, or having lines int he finish. I can hear it when I draw them across my rest. I'm kinda fanatical when it comes to sound. I compared them at dusk, so that would minimize surrounding noise. may be i'm just too particular. I'm sure they shoot great, like the older st's. my arrows are the 340's & weigh in at 413gr w/100gr muzzy's.

5. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't noticed the noise when I draw. I'll have to check them out next time I shoot.