Buying through eBay?

Discussion in 'Bows For Sale or Trade' started by John T., Mar 23, 2019.

1. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If this isn't the appropriate forum, move or delete according to the website rules. OK, looking to buy a Genesis bow for the grandkids. I just entered a bid on one and immediately a popup said I was outbid. I closed the window and found that my bid was still current. No other higher bid was displayed. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

2. IDT

IDT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a bow off there. When I bid, I got a popup that said I was about to be outbid, but it never happened, I got the bow. I think they are trying to get you to bid higher. How would they know if I was about to be outbid anyway?

3. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you bid in small increments slightly above the current price it will just let’s you know your close to being outbid is all

4. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WillO, I would get a statement that I was outbid when I was the highest bid. The bid closed this morning at 10.35 AM. I had sent the seller a PM about saving shipping as we live in the same town. Never heard anything. Scratched the seller off the list.

5. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I was replying to the post above me

6. FL-DAN

FL-DAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I found that I'm better off going for the buy it now options on Ebay, I always get screwed at the last minute on the auction sales.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That, and I like the "make offer" feature. Worst case they decline and you up it, or they counter and you counter back. Only gives you a few tries though.

One thing I learned is don't make offers on multiples of the same thing. Sucks when all or most accept the offer and you're stuck with more than wanted :lol:

FL-DAN likes this.