Buy used PSE 2013 DNA now or in the next few months?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by chopayne, Oct 6, 2013.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Right now on AT I have 60lb PSE DNA that a guy is willing to sell to me for $510+3% paypal. I really want a 65#, but, we can't always win.

So I wont be able to use this bow until beginning of February at the soonest, but before then im having it sent off to be tuned and kolorfusioned - Possibly all lost camo or realtree AP or another one if they have it. This process of kolorfusion would take 2-3 months.

So im debating, should I buy this bow now so that everything is set up to go 3 months for now, or do you guys think that the prices will drop more in the next few months (thanksgiving, christmas, hunting season over, 2014 bows) that I should wait?

2. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would wait and get exactly what I wanted. If its that bow or a differant one.

3. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Well im worried it wont come down to $530ish. Im think it will come down to $550 though which is good enough for me for the 65# bow that I want.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would echo the "getting exactly what you want" comment. Either way that's a chunk of dough so why compromise with something you will hopefully be using for years to come?

I would "compromise" on saving a hundred dollars on a few purchases elsewhere and get what I want in something as important as a new rig. Buy cheaper gas a few times or compromise on cloths and boots or stands or something but not on the bow...my .02 for free, lol.

5. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    hmm, now you're making me want to buy a brand new one. I get a pretty good discount from PSE, it's just the warranty isn't an issue for me as I will be kolorfusioning. But I will take that "get exactly what I want". I hate trying to have patience.