***Button Buck Bandits - Team 25***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to you as well! That's a pretty sweet buck!

2. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know i put another buck down this morning, bigger than the last one but nothing compared to what you guys have shot none the less he is a big bodied deer!

DSCN5523.jpg

3. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on another one. Looks good to me. I'm hoping to just get a sighting again the way this seasons going. I'm more than jealous of getting two down.
    I won't be making it out with gun any more, this week won't be able to, so hopefully late season they come back to the plots for some food and a bow shot. Only a rare night pic every few days and rarer yet a buck now. Quietest it's ever been. Spending time with the family for my 2 yr olds b day and hanging out instead of sitting each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice deer congrats

5. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    scored my buck gonna enter the numbers here and hope fitz can put them in the entry thread. I texted him another pic with my bow in it, having trouble with pics and my lap top.

L R
    MB 21 6/8 21 2/8
    g1 4 4/8 4 4/8
    g2 8 4/8 8 6/8
    g3 7 6/8 8 1/8

h1 5 4 7/8
    h2 4 6/8 4 7/8
    h3 4 6/8 4 6/8
    h4 3 2/8 3/5/8

Inside spread 17 3/8

abnormal points 1 6/8
    2 2/8
    3 5/8

total gross 149 0/8

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice ILL BUCK!

Why don't you enter that info into the score sheet and I'll add the photos.

You'll need time and date of kill as well. :tu:

7. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok fitz... I got it entered in the entry thread

8. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your help

9. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the pics on the score thread.

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    If I can add correctly it looks like once we have everything that has been shot entered we should have 704 points and some change. Right now 1st has 601.

11. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dude you are a year after year Consistant Big Buck Killin Machine, Very Nice Buck and a stud of a body as well , Congrats:)

12. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Well I managed a nice big doe for our Wisconsin gun season. Now I will hit it pretty good starting Friday to fill my bow doe tag. Are you guys still hunting pretty hard?

13. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe. I saw Fitz got a buck in Wisc too. I've been stuck in the house thanks to sick kids and stuff. I had a nice one come into my field with 10 min left in gun season, but I blew it shooting for the wrong drop. At least I erred so it was a clean miss over him. I'm definitely upset about missing that buck but he just turned to laugh at me and walked off without a scratch. He walked past a cam few hours later to rub it in. I'm more than a bit unhappy about others on our land. There were night shots several times throughout the gun season, as now the norm, and my neighbor ran into a few even before season trying with guns on the edge of it. The night after season at 9:00 I heard three shots and this time when I went to check cams next day I found out they got a hit. Snow was melting so I tracked blood as far as I could but whatever was hit made it off our property and no idea on it. It's been such a low year here and not happy with shooting that close to the house at all. It's pathetic the kind of garbage that does that. I was gonna get out today and check out and possibly hunt a new spot a buddy told me to try stuck with sick baby yet again. I have ideas for late season more after they get to settle down after all the guns and rut so hoping things work out then. It's been a frustrating season but still chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    dbl lung ​How was your Iowa trip?

15. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Iowa has been really fun. Remember I have until January 10th and I will eat the tag before I get impatient with the release hand.

So how have things gone. I can say it has been an experience most will view as unbelievable. Seeing somewhere around 210 deer, 56 being bucks, on Nov 21st and 22nd is not a lie. I saw 2 shooters out of the bunch though is the real issue. The biggest being a 165" 10 ptr. I have been back twice since. Yesterday I saw around 90 deer and 31 were bucks. (In all cases there have been 6 or 7 bucks I have seen twice so not all bucks are different.) Yesterday again there was not a shooter in the bunch. But just having a bean field full of bucks is amazing to see. I had 13, mostly 3 year olds eating at the same time at one point.

This is a property by friend bought 3 January's ago. So this being the 2nd season of rebuilding what once was a slaughter property is coming together nicely. There have been a lot of 3 yr olds in the large number of bucks I have seen. The hardest and most frustrating part of this has been that nothing new has shown itself on cameras or when I have been hunting. I know there are a couple 'booners' in the area. "Good things come to people who wait" is my favorite slogan. Lets hope it pays off after the gun season. Need I say there is no gun hunting on this property either :)

16. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  17. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Cool Vid brother!

18. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video.

My quest for the biggest buck on the IA farm came to an end Thursday night when the land owner got him with a shotgun. I wont post pictures at the landowners request but will tell you it is a 6x6 typical frame grossing 179 1/2". (We had thought he was closer to the 200" mark so we will strive for that mark moving on.) While positioning him for field pictures the left side shed and then when trying to get him in the truck the right side shed. The spread measurement was 21 1/2" and the taxidermist has dealt with this before. We are confident the antlers will be reattached nearly perfect too what they were.

But my hunt in IA isn't over there are still a few good bucks left just not the one giant.

19. TallTines

TallTines Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Doe down

20. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great video, CT. Congrats!