Bushnell trophy can and covert mp6

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Turro, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got a Bushnell trophy cam for Christmas last year and just picked up a covert mp6 a few min ago to have a second camera and little cheaper. I didn't have complaints with the Bushnell but wanted to try others out too.
    Has anyone had both to compare or thoughts on both? Obviously this site has had great times with covert, just curious to see between the two

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had them both. I do like the trophy cam and the mp6. THey are very similar IMO. Better to roll with and mp6 as it is a bit cheaper. If you want something to top them both id check out the red 40 by covert.

3. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    AMEN! I love my Red40!

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a couple trophy cams, and they are good cameras... for a while. Never had one last past year two without going bonkers. I've gotten great pics with them though, and they are better at night pics.

Having said that, the Black60 and Red40 I have are better cams. Their day time pics are unbeatable. You can get simply georgeous images out of them.

I also have a Sniper Shadow from Bushnell. I really like it so far, but I've only had it a couple months. I've already gotten some great videos with it though.

If I were to buy new today, it would be Covert or the new Bushnells (with Z7 processors).

5. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear. Should have it set out in a area Ive only walked around a few times since last season but had solid sign. My grandpa hunted there 60 or so years ago and did good, I just was too lazy to get farther back. I wanted to see how action was there and not miss watching my main area. I have another hang on stand to probably try there.
    Been pushing my hunting/archery spending past next years budget so didn't take the step to the upper coverts yet. Wasn't actually planning on getting a second cam til Christmas again but the wife did some baby shopping and caught her in the excitement.

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have both and I think the red 40 is better but I gotta say that the Bushnell is a real workhorse. I think it's been out for over a year and had no issues.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think they both make great cameras. I have to agree, the Red 40 is my favorite trail cam EVER!

8. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure it'll be good. As long as I've seen pretty much all good about all of them it should do the job. The red 40 were like 30 or $40 more so I didn't jump up to it. Maybe after season clearance stuff I'll grab one if there's a good deal. Is the quality on the 40 worth that much more or only if closer in price?
    Its funny my buddy had two wildview cameras from about 8 years ago that we had on my land for years and they finally crapped out last spring same time. Pics were good enough and didn't have issues that seemed everyone else had. Hoping to have same luck and these last a while since they're definitely a huge step up

9. Killkenny

Killkenny Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you get your Bushnells taken care of? They have a two year warranty on their cameras, best warranty going.

10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One was just past 2 years (26 months) so they wouldn't warranty it. The second one was replaced once and the replacement is now on the fritz, but it's now past the 2 year mark.

11. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have both the mp6 and the bushnell hd I think the hd is better than the mp6 but its about 100$ more, a better comparison would be the red 40 and the hd but, covert and the hd are the only two cams i will ever buy again.

12. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just checked cams today. Covert got a couple decent pics, fawn, doe, couple smaller bucks. Had a small cheap mineral block in front of it 15 ft away. Something broke it and put some sweet scratches into it, but somehow failed to trigger the camera. Was hoping little better results but changed direction a bit and thinking should be good now. Hung my last stand near it and swapped cards so hoping one more pull before season should do good.
    Bushnell... just returned from post office. Sent out hopefully getting fixed or replaced. Got 30 video clips then **** out. Wouldnt power or do anything, tried batteries and cards. Hopefully their warranty comes through, found invoice and got Dec 14 last year. In the year it got some decent pics and video, fried 2 cards, and now failed when I really coulda used it.
    Kinda puts a damper on scouting and inventory from that angle

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't stepped into the Covert arena yet, but one day I will get one. I've been running Moutrie M80's and have had good results but I have 1 of the three that was giving me problems. So I sent it back in to Moultrie, waiting to hear back from them. I just picked up 2 brand new(older model) Bushnell Trophy cam's from Natchez Shooting supplies for $80.00 ea. I've got a couple friends that have these and have had nothing but good things to say about these. I fugured for $80.00, evening being a little older, it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I haven't gotten them out in the woods yet, but have tested them out in the house and they seem to be working great.

14. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm like everyone else, can't go wrong with a Red 40. Awesome camera and awesome pics. I've been overly impressed with my cam

15. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a moultree m100 for a week before the Bushnell. It crapped out right away, but for what it took for day videos I thought were awesome. It was a store opened demo so probably not a plus. I switched to the Bushnell when I returned it since I kinda wanted to test run another camera. I may see what end of season deals are and grab a better covert. Or price pending maybe a few older models of moultree or Bushnell. If any of the cameras work for a while the quality and pics are good enough for my purpose, I guess just getting one that works for a while is the challenge. Sadly my buddy's old wildview came through the best between his years and the two years on my land