Bushnell scope/Cust service

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Longdraw, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm somewhat torn:
    Purchased a new Trophy XLT 2-7 DOA 200 a few years back. Could not find a slug to fly straight past 50 yards in my smooth bore, so I picked up a Rem rifled barrel-cantilever for slugs.
    Got everything squared away...and could not get a pattern better than a basketball at 50 yards. I noticed the right side windage adjustment was loose, so I sent it back to Bushnell even though it was out of warranty.
    I got the postcard a few weeks later, check into the diagnosis and it's covered by warranty.
    Cool, but it says I owe $10 shipping but not how to pay that. I sent an email asking how I pay and they email back asking to call them to arrange payment
    THEN I get a brand new scope the next day before I could call, OK, but it's not a 2-7 it's a 3-9.

WHAT is going on here???

Covered by warranty=cool.
    Send me a brand new scope=cool.
    But a different kind of scope, hmmm.

I am a glass is half full kind of guy so I'm going to look at this as a good thing but I'm still not sure about Bushnell Cust service.

Sorry I just had to vent.

Longdraw
    ###----->

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot groups and see how it does

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are they still making the model you sent in? Sounds to me like they upgraded you and most likely because the model you had is no longer in production???? Just a guess

I had a similar Customer service issue play out much the same with Leupold this year. Sent item in for repair, was out of warranty period, new and upgraded item sent as replacement. I was pleased...

4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of bino's I need to send in to Bushnell, I'm hoping for the same customer service you received.

5. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They don't offer the same scope, but why just send me something and not ask what I wanted. I may have opted for the 1.75-4 instead of the 3-9.