Bushnell Customer service

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bgusty, Sep 11, 2014.

1. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to pass along my experience with Bushnell. Bit of a mixed bag as far as customer service goes. I sent in 2 trophy cams for repair. One wasn't taking any pictures, and one had that IR white-out all the time and the LCD display wasn't working. I was told it was roughly a 3-4 week (plus shipping) turnaround for them when I sent them in and I would hear from them soon. I called at the 2 week mark and they weren't even checked into to the lab yet. Same at 3 weeks. Today would be the end of 4 weeks, and I finally got an update.

Both of my cameras were outside of the 1 year warranty. One was 2 years old, and one was 3 years old. They honored the warranty on the one that wouldn't light up the LCD display, and upgraded me to a new camera for free. For the second camera, the frame was cracked and that was what caused the batteries to leak and the camera to not work. That one was 3 years out of warranty, and they said I could upgrade to their newest trophy cam (the one that looks like a Reconyx) for $150. I really liked the picture quality of my old Bushnells before they died, and to be honest I have been disappointed with my Covert so far so I said go for it. Saves me a few bucks on what should be a top of the line camera.

Overall I am satisfied. It took them longer to update me than it should have, but they also are giving me a camera for free so I can't be too upset about it.

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Although slow it sounds like you got a good deal out of it. Being out of warranty and still hooking you up at least shows they want to keep you as a customer. I am willing to bet that they are slow only because they are probably getting slammed in customer service since hunting season is right around the corner and anyone who wasn't already putting cameras out, are putting them out now only to find them damaged. Thankfully I haven't had any bad luck with cameras yet. Somehow, magically, my old failthful Stealth Cam Wildview Game Camera (2.0 MP - LOL) that I got back in 2007 (I think) is still working.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  3. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I had a bushnell problem and I was out of my 1 year, they offered a 15% discount. Good to see you got a better deal though.

4. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems pretty fair.

5. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I sent in a Bushnell rangefinder that needed to be "reset." I'm not sure what it was but they needed to do something with the computer in it. It was out of warranty but they did the work for free. I am very grateful and will continue to be a loyal customer.

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Bushnell that started taking mostly white-out pics a couple of years ago and when I said something about it on here, someone from Bushnell contacted me and I had a new camera within a week. I can't remember if it was out of warranty or not but I'm sure it was close. The one they sent me has been going strong since then.

Blessings........Pastorjim

7. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have two trophy cams too. Had a few replacements in the last two years. Now video went bad on them. Messed with settings with no luck. I'm waiting til after season since pics still work and the turnaround would suck to lose them for. They did decently with other warranty issues I had each time, just getting irritating having as many as there's been for two cams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was one of the problems I had with mine as well. Something about the frame cracked or the seal broke and it started trapping moisture. I get that they are probably swamped right now, so the time delay didn't bother me too much, especially since labor day was in there too. Once they got it into the lab they got the problem figured out fast and I get two cameras out of the deal. I could have walked away with one for the $10 in shipping, but I figured they are worth supporting since they took care of me.