Bummed about losing lease but not for why you would think.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ryanf, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ryanf

ryanf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Season starts in 2 weeks where I live. Received a call a few days ago from the owner of the land I hunt to tell me he sold the land. Wasn't to upset I lost the only place I have to hunt... I mean it wasn't mine and he allowed me to hunt for free for the past 6 years. Only when he told me who bought the land did I become upset. The person who bought it is a doctor in the area who buys large lots of land only to put up a high fence, buy deer, elk, ect.... And then "hunt". 1) I am very, very anti high fence. That to me is not hunting. 2) the land is prone to flooding. A few years ago when it flooded all that was accessible was 3 acres of the 390. If he fills it like he has his other places there will many animals the will most likely drown because they will have no way to escape the water.

Granted the owner didn't know any of this until he was informed by me and several others. He now regrets selling the land but unfortunately there's not much we can do now.

To end my venting I wish you all a safe and glorious hunting season while I attempt to find a new place to hunt.

Sent from my cellular device using the TapaTalk application.

2. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where one door closes another opens most times hang in there. Maybe infor the new owner of the flooding problem and he might reconsider stocking it.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To each his own.

4. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about that, that's terriable that stocking to kill crap, keep the fences down an just hunt like or ancestors did. But hey if it floods who knows maybe you will have a awesome duck spot!!