Buck Stop Archery, West Dundee IL

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by racewayking, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    By the way bowhunter why did u shoot in the range then leave then call and act like an idiot can u explain that to us. Dont step over lines u arent ready to cross in person.

2. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Read my post very clearly. I explained thoroughly about this guy. Im not the only one to have trouble with this guy. I do not go to many pro shops mainly cause they are so spread out. I guess Pete knows this so he can pick and choose who he likes and doesn't like. He doen'st even own this shop. Its owned by Justin Atwood from the Buckstop in Brownstown, IL. Believe me he has been notified of his customer service issues. If anyone else has any issues to contact him directly because he has a right know since he is 4 hours away. Id rather go to a local Gander Mountain or Cabelas and get treated with respect. If I need supplies ill go to those stores instead. Dave at Gander is much more knowledgable and a heck of a lot more respectful and has been in this industry longer than he has.

When you go into an Archery Shop its like a bar. :beer: People want to share hunting stories and socialize. Pete has absolutley no social skills whatsoever. Very hard to build relationships with people on a personal level. He comes off as this White-Collar Mr.Knowitall. The bottom line is if he had handled things a lot better I would not be here wasting my time. I can't recommend anyone to go to him because of his major attitude problem thats been going on for years. People need to feel good about coming into a shop not made feel inferior or belittled by that weasel. I wish I would have never stepped into his shop. PEOPLE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE !!!!!! IF YOU WANT A MATHEWS OR A HOYT FIND ANOTHER SHOP WITHIN THE 40 EXTRA MILES !!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhuter_il_ big talker is more like it

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When you go into an Archery Shop its like a bar. :beer: People want to share hunting stories and socialize.

Umm I'm pretty sure this shop is like a bar......considering it has a bar in a pro shop. Just saying.....

5. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I read your post CLEARLY. You are entitled to your opinion but you are also a guy who went into a shop within the first week of open bowhunting season with a bow you purchased elsewhere making demands that other shops advised you on. Should this guy drop everything for someone that buys his stuff at Midwest Cimmaron?

Sadly you join this site and your first four posts are directed at your hatred for someone you already had ill feelings toward. There are many on this forum that have no issue with Pete, though some might not be fans of GAT such as myself. Pete has done right by me though he did heckle me for my bad shooting form;)

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I find it funny that you originally posted this on AT then come here and copy your exact same pot just to repost it. I wouldn't however post it on a site that Pete happens to strongly support.
    Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

7. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    Read my post you idiot!!! He told me to shoot sarcastically!! When I did my sight went as far as it would go. I knew not to ask for him to fix it cause he didn't want to look at the bow in the first place. SO why would he fix it then afterwards especially with what he said. I knew it needed to be moved over ????? This attitude of his should not be tollerated. I can reach out to many more people on here and they need to know the truth Michael. YOu can kiss Pete's @__ all you want. I went in there the first week just cause I saw the sign if I had known it was him who was looking over it I wouldn't have gone in. I went there that day cause I was in a bind and didn't want to drive an hour out of my way. Now I will drive 2 hours out of my way to avoid this treatment. The next day I kept my mouth shut and left after shooting it. I never acted like an idiot. I and many other archers have dealt with his attitude for years. PETE MULL NEEDS TO GROW UP!

I NEVER SAID HE HAD TO DROP ANYTHING JUST TO BE MORE RESPECTFUL. THE REST WAS NOT CENTER CAUSE OF BOWTECH'S CAMS. ALL PETE HAD TO DO WAS LOOK AT IT AND REMOVE THE TWO LITTLE SCREWS AND MOVE THE LAUNCHER OVER. A GUY AT GANDER MOUNTAIN COULD FIGURE THAT ONE OUT AND AT LEAST DIDNT GIVE ME THE RIOTACT. JUST CAUSE I BOUGHT A BOWTECH HE GOT ALL UPSET. PETE NEEDS TO SWALLOW HIS PRIDE A LITTLE AND TREAT CUSTOMERS A LOT BETTER.

8. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Respect is a two way street, judging from this post you need to learn a little:tu:

9. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't you just have taken the two little screws out yourself and moved the launcher over? That seems like it would have saved a lot of trouble for you

10. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Your abosolutely right Pete needs to grow up cause he has nothing better to do with his time then sit on here and type bull crap about other people oh wait thats u. Get over ur self sometimes peolle do not wanna hell people that act like thy really dont need the help. If you know so much about bows and how to fix them qhy didnt u do it yourself.
    And your right i am an idiot for even responding to you in the first place. Go back to AT and come back with a new attitude you might actually enjoy a site without ur usuall drama

11. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't realize about the 2 screws until Dave at Gander Mountain brought it to my attention. I would have moved it over in the first place if I had known about it. I had the rest for a few years. Last I saw Pete sells these rests so he could have maybe noticed it if he would not have been an @_ _ that day. I did bring it to Midwest Cimmaron's attention they only dealt with Ripcord rests so they didn't see it either.

Respect a 2 way street ??? I never disrespected him at anypoint before he said what he said and did what he did. This is a Service Buisness and you don't treat customers the way he does period end of story.

I think I know why he hates Bowtech. One his local compeditors all carry them and he probably does not sell a as many bows as his other compeditors. Why not sell them as a part of his product line and use it as an ally? Buckstop down south sells them.

I think Mathews are good bows and not going to bash them but what types of innovations have they done lately besides the Z7 going to further parallel limbs? Mathews basically has the same cams they have had for last several years. Bowtech has taken a big step in 2011 with their lineup. They have better tuning issues with binary cams and definetly better nock travel and of course faster bows.

12. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    NEWSFLASH---- Pete once sold Bowtech and he stopped carrying them. Are you getting paid to Troll here? You sure are out to discount Pete and Mathews while talking up Bowtech. He is in a service business and can refuse service to anyone he pleases. If you have such a great relationship with other shops why are you taking your bow elsewhere? By now I would think you would realize what you look like coming on here and acting the way you are. A simple "I had a bad experience and will take my bow elsewhere" would have been sufficient. At this point I hope you have not committed Libel because your IP address is all over this post and I am pretty sure there are some who know who you are;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Pete does not force hoyt or mathews on any one that comes in his shop. In fact while I was there a guy came in that had a strict budget and Pete told him that the only models he could afford were the youth bows and they would'nt be good for him. He then told the customer to go to Bass pro or cabelas and buy a ready to shoot deal and bring it back to buck stop and that he would set it up for the guy. Pete can get snippy with people and it's usually people like you that cause him to act that way. You have done all of this talking but can not back it up with actual facts. So if you would like to continue your quest here how about I do everyone a favor and have Pete pull the store video/audio form your visit and we review that. I think your tone might change a bit. If you had a bad experience there then do not go back and just say that like raceway said. But if you think you can go anywhere and type out all of you bull crap and lies you have another thing coming. Archery is a brotherhood were we should all support eachother and if you don't like that then find a new hobbby.

14. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    By the way buck stop down south does not own buck stop in west dundee.
    So that my friend is called libel. I really think you should think before you type or speak again.
    Also what does BOWTECH have to do with QAD at all your issue was your rest not your bow so why all of the BOWTECH promoting?

15. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    "I think Mathews are good bows and not going to bash them but what types of innovations have they done lately besides the Z7 going to further parallel limbs? Mathews basically has the same cams they have had for last several years. Bowtech has taken a big step in 2011 with their lineup. They have better tuning issues with binary cams and definetly better nock travel and of course faster bows."
    Well why not buy a PSE evo then oh wait they are'nt a bowtech hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I guess you did'nt notice that this site is sponsored by MATHEWS either huh

16. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    Call me a troll cause I want the truth to get out. I wish I was getting paid to do this. Pete is the only one in this industry I have ever had a problem with. Everywhere I have gone will at least show some respect !! Michael you just admitted he has an attitude problem. If you would read between the lines he was pissed I bought the bow from Midwest Cimmaron and not from him. He hates Bowtech because its a compeditor and he loses money PERIOD !!!!! You can have Pete pull up the vid and audio and post it for everyone to see. GO for IT ! It will prove that im right. Justin does own this shop he told me specifically. If Pete owned it why would he have the Buckstop name and not the bogus name like Pete's Archery Shop ???? Don't tell me I don't have hard facts. !!! I have not told one lie any of my stories. Your just trying to smooth things out on here for Pete

Im going to make this perfectly clear that to every shop or retail store, any archer, any outdoor shoots, or anyone interested in archery to never come to this shop. Pete has been an @______ and has asked for someone to reach out to others for many years because of his attitude. All he has to do is get an attitude adjustment. With his major attitude lets see how long he lasts. PEOPLE IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A KID COME HERE IF NOT LOOK ELSEWHERE. THE BOTTOM LINE IS HE DOESN"T CARE. I HAVE GOT MY POINT ACROSS NOW !!!! PEOPLE BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

17. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Funny tbing is this is solely your opinion and others have stated notbing negative.

18. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am now finding this extremely amusing! I have always followed the saying "treat others how you want to be treated" with that I can now only assume you were acting like an ass so he treated you as such.

Now I have no problems with him so I will continue to give him business. If you have a problem with him then move onto another shop. You have stated hour point now let it go.
    Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously guys? This isn't the place to bicker back and forth about which shop, person or bow brand that you like or dislike. Take it outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.