***Buck Brothers - Team 23***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Pitman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton just needs to put his buck on the board then we will be caught up. That will put us at 740, well within striking distance of the top three. Shoot does!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Hunt it!!! It's the rut!

3. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this afternoon. Had the first snow of the year last night. Everything felt good and I could definitely see better with all the snow but I didn't see a single deer.

4. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi team. Sorry it has been awhile. Been hunting quite a bit and have had a few close calls on nice bucks but it has not came together. I have had to pass on a lot of smaller deer this year. Hopefully it does before long. Won't be back out until after thanksgiving weekend but also have to deal with the Illinois firearm seasons. Congrats to everyone on their fine deer!

5. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got Out 4 The Afternoon
    Looks like, i'll get out every afternoon this week except Friday, didn't see a deer today. Good Luck team.
    Rocky

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not deer hunting related, but still exciting for us! We got our newest duck boat all grassed up this past weekend!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job on the boat! Looks awesome. I'll be out in the morning. Good luck team! Go get em Rocky!

8. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome blind. Knock em down.

9. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton,

Congrats on the nice buck! I was thinking about your hunt yesterday while I was climbing into my stand late. I ended up not seeing a single deer but Sometimes during November you just have to take some extra risk to make things happen. Way to get it done!

10. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dude that looks awesome! Very cool!

11. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well gents I made it back from Canada and have my first whitetail buck! Beautiful 10 point walked out half way through the last day! He's not a giant but he'll always be my most prized trophy! I'll spare the details here but this is the link to the other post with the whole story. http://forums.bowhunting.com/big-game-hunting/first-whitetail-buck-84405/

I'm still catching up and hope everyone is well and the hunting has been good!
    IMG_3056.jpg

12. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Buck!

13. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! What a Story
    Awesome story bud, wait is the story on a hunt up north, Saskatchewan and Alberta is a place for judging an animal by it's body, almost the antlers can fool you pretty easy. Judging antlers from the body can be deceiving, our bucks can top out at 400lbs+ and that is why hunters make the mistake and pass. You only do that once! Glad for ya buddy.
    Rocky

14. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, I have been absent for awhile. Just now getting back into the swing of things after hunting in Kansas and then on to Wyoming for the holiday. I'll be reading to catch up as I get time. Saw Clinton's kill on BHOD and it was pretty sweet. Nice work Clinton (Frankie too). Jedi that is a buck to be proud of. Congrats on your first whitetail buck; he looks like a pig! I only had three days in Kansas but what a great time! I had the neatest experience with a nice 8pt that I'll never forget. Called him in with a grunt/snort wheeze only to have him circle to my left and stand 30 yards away looking out into the open field in front of me. Never gave me a shot. He circled back behind me and started to walk away. I grunted once and he looked back but I knew the snort wheeze wasn't going to work since I had already used it. I broke a 1/4" twig of the tree I was in and started raking the tree with it. He turned toward me, flicked his tail and walked away. I knew he was coming from his body language and sure enough, he dropped into the creek bottom and circled around to my right. I lost sight of him for about a minute when he poked his head out of the woods staring into the open field in front of me. He couldn't stand it and walked out in front of me, staying 65 yards away. When he was directly in front of me he stood there looking around for about a minute or two, then walked right at me. He stopped to pee and was broadside at 30 yards. I drew, settled the pin and shot him square in the shoulder blade. I wanted to puke! The arrow stuck for about 2 seconds then fell out as he ran off. I could see there was little blood and when I got to the arrow it had penetrated about 2 1/2". I left the area and came back about three hours later with two buddies just to confirm what I knew was true. The deer never lost more than two tablespoons of blood and was likely chasing does within the hour. The whole thing was pretty surreal after it was over. I can't believe how he came to that rubbing on the tree.

Hope you all have continued success and just a reminder... shoot some does Bros! :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  15. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Jedi,

One heck of story. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. No doubt he was there with you in Canada.
    Way to make him proud!

16. JasonOhio2018

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks hitting a buck in the shoulder. I did the exact same thing on a nice 8 point about 4 years ago. Hopefully you will get another chance at a good buck this year. Good luck team!

17. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Season Ends Today
    Sorry guys I wasn't able to help out by putting an animal down due to my problems, due to the wind today I wasn't able to get out. Was great getting to know each of you's. Hopefully I'll be in better shape next year, other wise I think I'll step aside and let some one who is able to enter. Good luck to each and everyone on the team and God Bless.
    Rocky

18. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Rocky, it's been good to have you on our team. All we can do is hunt when we can and enjoy every opportunity we get. The good Lord has blessed each one of us with a gift of passion for bowhunting and each day we get to get outdoors is a blessing from Him. You can be on my team any time! Stay warm this winter. :)

19. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Smoke Pole doe! Back out with the bow Thursday through Sunday in VT. Sunday is the last day of the VT season. I'll be back out in February in NJ for late season winter bow, hopefully with my daughter to get her first deer. Good luck everyone. Keep hunting!!! IMG_2008.jpg

20. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Hillbilly on a great buck and a really meaningful one at that! Very special!

Congrats on the smoke pole doe VT also!

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while I was away on vacation in Southeast Asia with my fiancé for two weeks. We went to Thailand (Bangkok), Cambodia, and Laos. Finally returned last night!

Hope to maybe get out for some late season does and lots of waterfowl hunting now!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums