***Buck Brothers - Team 23***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Pitman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Really guys.. this is all about fun. But if we want to really try for a win, we just need numbers. If most of us take down a doe for 50 points and 4-5 of us take down decent bucks.. its in the bag.

I personally just hope we all have a fun and safe season. It would be nice if we all stay active on here. It would make it that much more fun.

2. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to pick a name. Anyone got suggestions?

3. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky you'll be the bionic man by time there done with. Hope all goes well

4. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    We have 3 left to check in.. we can go ahead and toss some name out tho. Any suggestions?

5. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Rack Stackers, Non Typicals, Tree stand Legends, Tree stand Reapers

Just a couple off the top of my head to get us going.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!!! Nice to see the teams were picked before the start of my season. I had a buck on the ground last year waiting for a team.

I hunt in Northern CA in Calaveras County. Not the biggest bucks in the world but we've got some around. My goal this year it to put a tag on a buck and some meat in the freezer. Got a couple on camera, nothing huge but should be able to put some points on the board for us. Looking forward to my season starting in 3 DAYS!!!! I'll be out there this Saturday morning for the opener. Can't wait!!!! Glad to be here with everyone and looking forward to a great season for all of us!

7. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Best of luck to ya and above all be safe!

Im only a little jealous :rant: my season doesnt start until Oct 1st! :sad:

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing to be jealous of is being in the woods hunting. We don't grow em out here like y'all do out there for sure. Not to say there aren't a few wall hangers around but they are few and FAR between. When it's almost 100 out here opening day, I'd gladly wait until Oct 1st to start!

9. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Blood Trailers, Buck Assassins, Lung Busters, Heart Stoppers

10. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    VT doesn't have huge whitetails either 100-120' is a good buck. VT shoots 2 150-160" deer a year in the entire state, another 3-4 in the 130-140" class.

In NJ they grow them big, I've seen a few 200" deer running around. There are plenty in the 130"class. The problem in NJ is limited hunting time for me and no private land access. I have spent many years finding small, basically archery only, pieces of public land, very close to residential suburban areas. This is where the bucks can grow because they have the protection of the residential areas.

11. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya guys. NY is somewhat similar, as you probably know from its reputation. They're are some good deer, but all depends on location and what everyone in the area is doing also. If you're in an area where people are all about the brown it's down mentality it's pretty rough. I've seen some good bucks upstate though. I tend to hunt on long island a lot cause it's closer to home and I have a house there on the east end and they're are some nice bucks there also, just need to work hard for them. I have two private farms I can hunt on the island, but also hunt about 75% of public and county land. I took a doe on my first sit last season then on October 24th took a 110" 8 point on county land. I'd be lying if I said its easy to pass decent bucks on public/county land. I saw the deer I shot twice before and passed him and the third time I saw him, at 15 yards broadside I decided to bend the string on him. Thought he would have made 120" ish on the hoof, but when I put the tape to him I realized I misjudged. I hope to be fortunate and patient enough to at least take a pope this season, but we will see. I know of a nice 10 running around and a couple 8's and also a gnarly non typical funky rack buck from last year. I didn't film as much as I wanted to last season and hope to be more involved with my camera this year too. Sometimes it's just too much to take in and get set up quickly in some of my sets and opt to leave the camera gear at home or in the truck, all depends.

Overall all though I'm jacked for this season and can't wait! Hope we al have a safe and successful season!

12. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen similar things in Upstate NY where I hunt. Not a lot of self control on bucks. I approve of the antler restrictions on my WMU - it helps.

I'm mostly hunting semi-public and private land. Not a lot near me that I have found that folks from the city dont come up and blow out.

I'm usually in Syosset a few weekends a month with my in-laws. Too bad Nassau doesn't have hunting!

13. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Is it me or is JGD not a member? I tried to look him up and can find no one with that name.... Maybe Im just not smart enough to find him. :confused:

14. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not too familiar with that name to be honest. Maybe we should shoot Fitz over a message. If he's not, we will definitely be picking someone up off the alternate list.

15. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    PICT0023.jpg PICT0030.jpg
    This was last year, just after our season closed, so I know he is alive. I have a video of him this year messing around under an apple tree but he is too far away to get a good look at him. Hoping he put on some mass and height for this year.

16. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rack attack?

17. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    Dad just called and said there are 3 bucks by where I am putting my food plot.. a small fork, a small 8 and a decent 8. I should have had my plot in already and my cams on it! lol Ohh well, I will have it in and cams up soon enough.

18. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll second Rack Attack
    Rocky

19. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    I was gonna look back at the sign up thread for JGD but it's gone. I'd probably shoot Fitz a message to double check the signup thread.

I like "Rack Attack" too. Although I just thought of "Buck Busters" also. Unless it's too piggy back from Ghost Busters. Movie was okay.

20. Pitman

Dislikes Received:
    I just looked again and found him.. I went to the member list before and he wasnt there! :confused: Anyway I sent the last 2 private messages, in case they haven't seen teams were picked. Im sure they will check in soon.