Buck bomb vanilla curiosity-anyone use this???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Mr Buffalo, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Mr Buffalo

Mr Buffalo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a couple of cans of this stuff in hopes to pull the big guys out after post rut. Anyone use this stuff??

2. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used vanilla before but not the bombs. Actually never heard of them. Hoosier swears by the extract and since I stopped using it a few weeks ago, my sightings have went down. Mostly does though. I am waiting on this rain to pass to go spray some out in a new spot for the weekend hunts. Probably going to spray it tomorrow.

If you smell a lot of the new "lures" they smell like vanilla.

3. Mr Buffalo

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Stick!!! This is what I wanted to hear!!!

4. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    If nothing else, Maybe you can put some slick head meat in the freazer.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep , all i use is cheap immatation vanilla $1.49 for a 16oz bottle and i put a sprayer on the bottle , from what i drew in with it over the years i wont buy into any of the hype of magical lures when all i gotta use is immatation vanilla

102.jpg

6. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Adding a little cooking oil did help it stick around longer as well. I used it with the oil in it and it still smelled a week later. The couple times I put corn out this season I sprayed it on the corn. They ate 50lb pile before I got a chance to hunt it. I put it out on Tuesday and it was gone Saturday morning when I got to my stand. It seams to work better for me anyways if I spray it a few days before I hunt a stand. Like Hoosier said, its a whole lot cheaper than buying the high dollar lure sprays out there.

7. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Hoosier, where do you buy the big bottles like that and is that a Tinks Vanish sprayer? I have been using a Scent-A-Way bottle. It does a decent job but, I would like a stronger sprayer.

8. Beef

Beef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always just brushed off the idea of using vanilla extract, might have to try it out.

9. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah , i believe that is where i got the sprayer from , it fit perfect , i do just pour it in a regular spray bottle like a old scent eliminator bottle.

I told ya the oil trick would work , just basic vege oil works fine just as good as soy bean oil even when it rains on what ever you spray it on it just repels it and it will stay there for days .

10. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    I get those bottles at a place called Rural King , its like a Tractor Supply on steriods .......lol

11. Mr Buffalo

Dislikes Received:
    STICK AND HOOSIER:

Thanks guys!!! My only additional comment would be is this good all season long or just after or before rut...?

As a side note...Pure gum spirits of Turpentine is a great cover scent...At first it smells with a petroleum aroma but actually it smells of very strong pine and my uncle swears by it. I used it the entire time I was on the crusade for my buck I got recently...

Keep this thread going if you have any other experience with scents.... THanks!

12. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet ya Wes , i use imatation vanilla all season , here is something else for ya , i mix this up in a 1/2 gallon jug because it costs dang near nothing to make its my scrape mix 55oz of water 5oz of amonia 3oz of imitation vanilla , There is a company that makes this mix and sells it for $15.00 for 4oz ......lol....i actually bought a bottle to use it to test my mix to it and then took it back and got my money back .........mix it up and shake it up once a day for a week if you can then put it in a spray bottle and spray in mock scrapes and real scrapes , even on the licking branches .

13. Mr Buffalo

Dislikes Received:
    Back atcha Hoosier!!! Wow! Next year I'm gonna try this. SO do you mind being specific on the ingredients?

Brand of amonia?
    Vanilla?
    H2O-Distilled or Tap??

You knew I was gonna ask this...

14. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    I use Distilled Water .98 cents a gallon , a gallon of cheap Great Value Ammonia $1.69 , 16oz of Spice Suppreme Imitation Vanilla $1.49

15. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    This is the best mix , trust me .......55oz of water 5oz of amonia 3oz of imitation vanilla

16. Mr Buffalo

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!Hammerdown brutha!!! Thanks!!! Noted and entered on my iPhone as a receipe for next year...Cool!!!! Now I need to hit the lottery Powerball so I can become a professional deer stand fixture!!!!

17. bowmanaj

bowmanaj Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not vanilla, but good results with the Buck Bomb doe-in-estrus pee. My buck this year came straight at me full speed, but briefly stopping every 10-15 yards to sniff each tree or branch I sprayed it on.. Until he was at 10 yards where I took him. Pretty intense. It's the first time I've had very good results with scents. Usually I only get does coming to estrus or doe pee scents, out of curiousity haha.

18. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya , i'm all about the Powerball too .....lol......i got my list started allready for when it happens , gonna buy 500 acres , 500 deer 1 deer per acre a bunch of feeders , and alot of fence and hire some immagrants to put it up ......lol

19. Mr Buffalo

Dislikes Received:
    Rock on Hooiser!!! We could have BH.com comp hunts and test best methods for sealing the fate of a whitetail of taking a ride in the back of a pickup!!! Dude, I have this monster in my yard that I know I wont see in the day time but I feel if I work at it hard enough it will be like my recent takedown!! 226.jpg

20. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    Hee's a freekin dandy !!! good luck and hope he comes out in the day time for ya , Ya never know !!!