Browning strike force cam questions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by creed1, Jan 15, 2016.

1. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since I've been on the forum I've seen alot of guys talk about these cams and from what I've read they seem like a pretty soild little camera. I'm ready to buy one but I want to know if they have good battery life in extreme cold temps that we have Minnesota. Any extra info is also greatly appreciated thanks in advance guys!

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Creed,

yes the browing cams have pretty decent battery life. The main thing that determines battery life on a lot of the newer cams are the type of batteries that you use. If you want the longest life then you definitely must use the Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries for colder weather. If you use regular alkalines you still should get a few monthes in warm weather but in cold weather they will die pretty quick. I Check out Trailcampro.com as they do pretty extensive testing on cameras. I always get my cams from them as well as you get an additional 2 yr warranty.

Based on their review, If you use lithiums you should get about 4+ monthes

2015 Browning Strike Force HD Review

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  3. Voz

Voz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought three of them back in July. I heard all the great reviews etc and thought I would give them a shot. I think they are overrated. I had some blurry daytime pics while the nighttime pics were decent. We had some snowfall and had deer tracks in front of the camera but no pics triggered.

It seems that most have had a good experience with them. I lost my confidence in those cameras and have been on a look out for replacement's. Everybody seems to rave about the G30 but still hesitant to pull the trigger.

I don't mind spending a few bucks more on a quality product but hate when I get burned as I did in this case.