Broadheads suddenly aren't in tune

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BB4tw, Mar 29, 2016.

1. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm headed out for turkey season later this week. Yesterday, I decided to do a double check of my broadhead tune. Earlier this month I had everything tuned to where my broadheads would group with field points at 40 yards.

I have a single cam bow, approximately 60lb draw weight, 29 inch draw length, 400 spine 29 inch arrows.

No changes were made to my bow, but now my broadheads hit about 3-4 inches right of the field points and I can't figure out why. Shooting from 20 yards.

I switched out my QAD Hunter for a Whisker Biscuit to see if I could eliminate the rest itself as an issue. It helped some, but didn't fix the problem completely. I could get the broadhead to hit 2-3 inched right of the field points..

Whenever I try to move my rest, both the field point and broadheads move the same distance. Normally, I would call this a weak spine issue and decrease the draw weight. However, since I was tuned at this draw weight earlier this month I fail to see how this could be the trouble. I tried it anyway and had no luck.

Along the same line of thinking, actually it's more like trial and error, I tried a set of 340 spine arrows and they tuned perfectly in just a few shots.

I'm not planning to loose any sleep over it. I'll just shoot 340 spine arrows through the Whisker Biscuit. Problem solved.

However, the mystery as to why the 400 spine arrows suddenly refused to tune remains.

Will string stretch cause such an issue? Any kind of problem with my cam, perhaps?

Anybody have any ideas?

2. ontarget7

ontarget7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Completely two different rest and how they support the arrow. The right impact would be easily fixed by a slight yoke adjustment, adding 1 full twist to your left side yoke and then reassess your results. That is if centershot is within reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, ontarget7! The idea of my yoke needing adjustment completely eluded me. That makes perfect sense.

4. ontarget7

ontarget7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk