Broadhead switches

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by sig239, Sep 19, 2017.

1. sig239

sig239 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I know Justin loves fixed blades and went to the nitro...but any reasons why Graf switched to the killzone maxx's for his opening day buck?

I thought you guys had pretty good success with the double cross last year...seemed better than the killzones. (and I'm saying this a little tongue in cheek...a dead deer is a dead deer.)

2. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's a matter of opinion. Decroo loves his spitfires, Justin loves his fixed, The killzone has killed many deer, most within sight for al ot of people including myself. (Killzone might be my fav for Whitetails). However, I shot two bucks and a doe last year with the Double Cross and will be starting the season with them again this year. I think it all just comes down to a matter of opinion and regardless of which one you choose, in a well tuned bow, they will fly true, and on a well placed shot the deer will expire quickly.

copperhead likes this.
  3. sig239

sig239 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply. Agreed that they are all good heads...can't really go wrong. Just kinda want to know why Graf is going back and forth. Shoot...sometimes I switch up just to do something different. I have mechanical and fixed blades in my quiver.

Tim Ainsworth likes this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes it's hard to change away from something you just like and that has produced good results for you. As they say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

sig239 likes this.
  5. Stewart_McCall

Stewart_McCall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've changed broadheads every year since I started bow hunting (about 5 years ago) killed a deer every year. Just like to try new things.

Mathews HTX 28.5" 70#
    QAD HDX
    Axion Cloud 7 inch stabilizer
    HHA Kingpin
    Easton 6mm FMJ
    Muzzy Trocar

6. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried nearly every major brand broadhead... both fixed, and more recently mechanicals, and after fifty plus years of slinging sticks I use swhackers only. It's hard to change what works. I been thinking about shooting the zombies but once again it's hard to change when I've shot Easton as long as I can remember, and I've never been let down.