Bowtech SR350

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Robert Petty, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Robert Petty

Robert Petty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to buy this bow and was just looking for some input and thoughts about it.

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what info you're after?
    I have not shot one, but from what I've read:
    It does not hit its IBO rating, I believe it was found to be right in the range of the Solution.
    Deadlock adjustment, tuning is very simple to do. I highly recommend applying a bit of anti-seize to the deadlock sets screws and adjustment, just cautionary, I think it's a good idea with stainless bolts in aluminum threads.
    Performance or Comfort module to adjust how the draw cycle feels. Performance will feel like a speed bow, it will stack at the end and then have a pretty good dump into the valley. Comfort will draw much smoother and very noticeably have less hump and dump than Performance. The IBO rating is based off Performance mode, using Comfort results in an 8 to 10 fps loss.
    6" Brace, 33" axle to axle, 25-30" adjustable draw length modules, cable stops.

I think @0317 has one, he seems to like it and hasn't posted of any problems he's had with his.

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yup, got one back in the spring .. first 'new ' flagship bow since I got my Allegiance back in '06, I did get a used Ritual 33 a few years back and THAT is one hell of a shooter also .. I am very happy with the SR350, I like the 33" A to A length ... its a 70lber, they didnt have a 60lb in stock, and it was a 100 mile drive one way to get to the shop. So I got the 70lber and turned it down ... its a heck of a shooter ... I shoot a full 30" draw and at 60lbs right now and a 432gr GT Velocity 300, I get 287fps ... I'm going up to 62/63 lbs this spring (nope, staying at 60lbs)... I just ordered new threads from Catfish for it.. Vec99 ... unfortunately the storm will prolly delay Sat's delivery date ... I shot 3 bows that day, the SR350, Revolt and the Revolt XL .. while they all shot great, I did settle on the SR350 ... I use a 10" CBE Torx Stab, and their rear bar .. 2oz front 3oz rear, however I use a one piece mount in the regular stab. hole ... I didnt like the lower mount hole for the back bar (personal like/dislike), however I do use the lower holes on the Ritual 33 and a separate mount for the back bar .... I'll mess around some more with the back bar positioning this spring, heck if it shoots good without one, then I'll go that route, I'll see .. .. I killed a decent 8pt with it this season, and may use it for spring turkey .. of course now BT has the SS34 and Elite has the Omnia .. from here on out, IF I ever get a 'new' flagship bow, heck ANY bow, it will have either the SET or Deadlock system. With the Deadlock, I was done BH tuning in about 20 shots of both FPs and BH's ... I really like the Deadlock for tuning and very happy with the bow over all.. .. addendum : Comfort mode for sure .. the performance mode was stiff as hell ...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ok, got the VEC99 string/cables from Catfish in and on ( Mike does one hell of a job, very nice !!) ... spent the last two days resetting it back up ... bare shaft paper tune is good, going to shoot at 20 yds later this afternoon if not raining by then .... it picked up speed, and is now even more quite than before ... wont try fixed bh's/fp's just yet ... now shooting it at 62/63lbs instead of 60#, very smooth draw in Comfort .. .... bottomed out the limbs to 71lbs, minus 1/4 turn, put the new threads on, had to do some twists/untwist's to get it to spec, or as close as I could (some small variance is allowed in the specs)... love the way it is now shooting, seems better than before .. that Deadlock system is the cats meow !! once that set up was done, I tuned it down to 62/63 lbs, and did the bare shaft tune, after checking cam timing .... btw, was raining, so no outside shooting today

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    put on a set of Lucky Stops and man, what a positive difference ... shoots/feels even better now ... one hell of a shooter !!

6. andy smith

andy smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome bow, forget about the ibo rating and enjoy. I have the Kuiu Verde color. By far, it is the Cadillac of bows I’ve owned. A little on the heavier side if I have to be picky.
    For speed reference for myself:
    Victory VAP TKO .001/300 spine, 485 grains
    28” DL
    69 lbs
    260 fps
    Shoots darts, unless I mess up- lol
    Super steady and just feels so well built. I give it 2 thumbs up