Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Bowtech Restructuring ??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 0317, Oct 18, 2023.

1. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both Tim Gillingham and Kyle Douglas have been dropped from the Bowtech Pro team, leaving only Paige Pearce .. wonder why .... Ive seen the release BT sent to dealers .. Hope BT isnt in financial straits .. maybe time to give Elite another look since I like my Ritual 33 so much ... ;0)

alenhard15 likes this.
  2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I emailed customer service 2 days ago and have not received a response about getting replacement limbs.

3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Elites are great bows, I owened 2, I also owned 2 bowtechs that were awesome,with that said there have been runors about their stability for several years. Honestly, the mainstays, Hoyt and Mathews are a safe bet. Been around a long time and are leading the industry in sales so I went with mathews and will stay with them

alenhard15 likes this.
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    they wont sell direct, you have to go thru a dealer ...... unless your buying Barnsdale yourself for some of the older bows, I put a set on my Allegiance

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 BT's and one Elite ... I really like the BT's tuning system on my SR350 ... only read about Elites "set" system, not sure about it as some said they still had to shim ...

6. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think Barnsdale are making replacement limbs for for the BTX-31, There website wasn't very helpful though. This will be the 3rd set of limbs on that bow, the originals on the bow, the replacement ones from bowtech and if I can get a 3rd. I want it for a back up bow or for my son to start shooting. I shot the SR350 I was not happy with the draw cycle. I ended up getting the phase4 from Mathews.

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to hear that BT is having these limb issues again. I would not buy another one.

8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They aren't.
    ash d's BTX is from around 2016, tail end of their limb problem era.

I do believe dropping Gillingham and Douglas does signal some kind of problems though, for sure.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I understand making financial decisions to help run a healthy company. I don't understand sending an announcement that you fired your two top pros to all of your dealers and making that public knowledge. If Tim and Kyle wanted that info out there, it should be their decision to post it. Kind of a crappy move on Bowtech's part, IMO.

10. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    @ash d
    0317 is spot on. Bowtech will not send parts directly to customers. Have to go through an authorized dealer to get parts from them. Be aware, their replacement limbs usually only come in black and have no decals on them. Bothers some people.

Dropping Tim and Kyle is a weird move IMO, I do think it says there's some kind of money troubles going on with them.

I'm not necessarily brand loyal to Bowtech, but it would take a lot to get me to go to a bow that does not have Deadlock tuning, stupid easy to tune your bow yourself with no press needed. And adjustable draw length mods are nice too, no cost to change the draw length.

Mathews makes a nice bow for sure, my BIL has a V3 and it is a very nice holding and shooting bow. But good grief you can't do anything to them without spending $50 bucks. They do not miss out on getting every red penny they can out of their customers.

alenhard15 likes this.
  11. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    that is true. and now they are making a better string and cable they will high dolla!!

alenhard15 and Mod-it like this.
  12. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech could certainly learn something there. Serving separation issues are their biggest problem right now.
    I bet it is an obscene number on how much they've spent in the last few years on string warranty replacement alone.

13. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    mathews finally making a change after using those awful zebra strings . These Match strings are supposed to settle in one shot. I have my doubts on that

14. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I doubt they're in financial straits to be honest. They sell a ton of bows. They've never been really known for the target side of things and don't put a huge emphasis on it. But it is odd they let their two top male shooters go. Especially Gillingham considering how much of an ambassador he's been for them.

I'm a bowtech guy, but I have been concerned ever since their merger with Savage arms. This could be the case of a new director of marketing/operations having a "brilliant idea" that backfires on them. Then again, perhaps they're moving in a different direction and we will all be pleasantly surprised.

That said, I hate to say this here, but I have a feeling that we are going to see more and more companies go through some type of downgrade or restructuring. I just read a very good article talking about how crossbows are really hurting compound manufacturers. Something no one saw coming. If that is what is happening with Bowtech, you'd think they'd increase their target side of the house to compensate for the loss on the hunting side. Who knows?

15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy watching these 'pros' shoot on TV/Sportsman's Channel with the ASA finals/shootoffs ... these folks can call their shot and pin wheel a 14 ring on a coyote at 50 yds and under pressure too .... ^^^ waaaay to many going to those damn crossthingy's ... they have ruined the 'archery' seasons. ..

Wedes and trial153 like this.
  16. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care if a guy hunts with a xbow. It's not my thing, but people buy like crazy around here. Most will say they have a shoulder injury. Man I have never heard of so many fat dudes that lay on the couch 10 months out of the year have a serious shoulder injury.. I am 48 and I lift weights 4 times a week and I have never had a shoulder injury. It's amazing isn't it. Just say you are not willing to practice much and you want to shoot 50-60 yards and kill. period, be done with it and go do your thing. It doesn't impact my hunting at all. Back to the point, crossbow sales are keeping a lot of archery shops in business

muzzyman88 and Wedes like this.
  17. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the all black replacement limbs on there already. The original delaminated, these ones are starting to also. I will take a third set if I can get my hands on some for a backup or for my son to shoot.

Mod-it likes this.
  18. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    you get a new bow?

19. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Mathews phase 4.

20. Vabowman

Dislikes Received: