Bowtech Invasion

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by soccerdan90, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Who's the dude in the back ground Rob? looks familiar :moose: The Bow is a looker :)

3. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I see this post went to heck.

I'm amazed by the love/hate people have toward a particular brand of bow. Most people who hate on a company haven't even shot their bows, but find ways to bash just because its not their particular brand.

I'm kind of with MeanV here when it comes to Bowtech. Sure, I shoot one, have owned several now and honestly, I can't find a better shooting bow for me. I like their draw cycles, holding and shooting charecteristics and overall design more so than any other company. Are they the best? For ME they are.

I find it hard to believe that the naysayers think that Bowtech isn't innovative and on the cutting edge of bow design. I'm not saying that they don't borrow technology from another company, because they do. Heck almost ever single bow company out there steals ideas from one another and a lot of them owe royalties to one company or another.

But every year, at least in the last few, Bowtech has brought a bow, or bows to the market that have some technology that no other company is currently offering. First it was the binary system (sure it was already thought of, but they brought it mainstream.), then it was the center pivot designs, then it was the flex guard and the overdrive binaries. This year, the married them all together to give us the Invasion.

Sure, they've had a few "stinkers" in the bunch that didn't go over too well. What company hasn't? Hoyt did a few years ago with one and of course we all know about the Reezen from Matthews.

But IMO, if you look at Matthews for example, they keep churning out the same bow, just slightly different specs, year after year after year. How many Z7's do we need? BTW, the Z7 is an outstanding shooting bow and I was very impressed with the one I shot.

The new Hoyt lineup this year, minus the carbon riser bows that most of us can't or won't pay for, are just a reiteration of last years and the year before that's bows.

The Invasion, while not my cup of tea, as its too short for my liking, looks and sounds like it will be a hit. Bowtech's unveiling at the ATA show was smart. It drummed up a lot of interest and it sounds like it was very well received at the show.

It just really seems like the other camps are jealous because Bowtech is getting so much attention. They deserve it IMO. The last two years, starting with the Destroyers, they have really stepped up, fixed problems they had in the past and came out with some amazing bows by doing so.

4. Big John

Big John Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who's the dude in the back ground Rob? looks familiar The Bow is a looker

If you mean the guy with the shiney forehead....he was lookin fer the toupee booth , that'll get me a smack on the hand !!!!

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, but it's more like how many Switchback's do we need? All great bows, but really nothing different, little more speed too.

6. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think "need" has anything to do with the reason bow companys come out with new bows. Nothing the new bow, from any company, does is "needed". The changes may be cool and desirable but certainly not "needed".

7. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But, Bruce.....this one goes to 11.

8. Kelly

Kelly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff...that's pretty funny. Nice reference.

No dog in the discussion. I have an invasion on order.

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My advice is when you get the Want To's for a New bow is to shoot all the models you can get your hands on! Shoot them enough times and long enough to let the Bow choose you!

Does it matter what the top dog is if you can't shoot it worth a crap, or you don't like the fit and feel of it? Better to find out before purchase not afterward.

If guys bought bows Blindfolded and purchased a bow based only on how the bow felt on the draw, at full draw, and at the shot, they might very well be surprised which bow they walk out with.

I've seen guys just come in and want to buy a Bow Because that's what Super Hunterman shoots and it must be the best bow because he shoots it. LOL!!

It's amazing how advertising works! I thought I was immune but I just had to try those Natural Cut Fries with Sea Salt on them! LOL:)

Dan