Bowtech Invasion

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by soccerdan90, Dec 14, 2010.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Soccerdan, you bring up a good point about pricing. I sure hope all bow companies follow suit and relieve the price on some of their bows. Prices are getting way out of hand IMO.

2. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that other companies use the same ploys that Bowtech is getting bashed for, it's nothing new. On the other hand, bashing Mathews and Hoyt for selling their marquis level bows at a high price doesn't make much sense either. Those bows are designed and sold for a niche market. Those companies realize the average hunter won't spend $1600 or $2000 on a bow, but a competition archer or someone traveling to Africa for safari (hence the name) would spend that much on a bow. All three companies have their economy lines, and are all in the same price range on their flagships so pricing is not something that any supporter can bash them on one way or another. Being in business management I'm sure you know and recognize the concept of market pricing. The Carbon Matrix and Safari are priced for a different market than the Diamond, Mission, and Reflex lines. I have to agree that the Invasion is interesting. I'll be sure to check it out once it hits the shelves. If you get it, please do a review for us.

3. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly the point I was going to make. It's not like Mathews and Hoyt only sells those higher priced bows.

4. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In the scheme of life does it really matter how Bowtech markets their bows? In the end they need to sell a Quality bow that hunters like to shoot. They need to get hunters to try their bows, good lord.

5. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't it awesome how all of us in business get to come on here and get lessons from kids in college business courses? Really, it is that simple boys. Whatever the teacher tells you or the book (if you have cracked the seal) is absolute truth. FACT!!!

Those who can't do teach... it's not just a clever saying.

Bowtech will never make another dime b/c they used terrifically successful marketing techniques. That's what my business professor told me anyway.

6. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree totally about different price ranges. some are able to pay more than others and thats fine. but bowtech is lowering prices and i hope that others will do the same. every company will get bashed for something and its expected. but to go as far as refusing to buy a bowtech bow because they are waiting and "teasing" us with the new bow doesnt make any sense to me. they arent going to do something that is going to ruin their company and this method will not do that. i stand by bowtech but if i find a killer deal on a mathews pse hoyt or whoever you better believe ill buy it if it shoots well for me. company name doesnt mean alot to me. its what shoots well.

7. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to work there. are there any jobs open? that would be the life having a job around archery!!! :rock:

8. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...:cool:

9. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My wife never likes it when I throw that one at her either :)

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry Huntinson knows like me what teachers go through. There is no way in hell I would ever be a teacher.

Those who can't teach complain about teaching!!!!:rock:

11. Ya Get 'Em?

Ya Get 'Em? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I never get in these little battles you guys have, but this one is stupid. If you honestly go off the little gimics each company tries to sell you on, then you have problems. That bow isn't going to make you any better of a hunter, sorry. Buying the best and biggest driver isn't going to make you hit the ball any further, your still going to worm burn it or shank it to the right. That bow will come out and be forgotten in a year anyway! I can't believe we bash each other over a bow!

12. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OK sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this thread now and take your logic with you. We don't stand for that kind of thing around here.:poke:

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Disrespectful.

14. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    there were a couple calloway drivers banned from tourny play xD
    maybe this bow will be that badass hahahahah

15. Ya Get 'Em?

Ya Get 'Em? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one of those drivers. They are Big Bertha 2 X. The have a red X on them, and have a very thin trampoline face. Only bad thing is that the face cracked after about 400 hits. I could dang near hit the ball further with a one inch crack around the heal!

16. CdBurner

CdBurner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Invasion looks like it's going to be well received by the Bowtech lovers and shot down by the haters. Lots to love or lots to hate.

I wasn't impressed.

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff can't read his posts and understand when he is bashing. LOL!

His rep at bashing me, staff members, BowTech dealers, and BowTech themselves, basically anyone that defends something that is negative about them is pretty well known.

Is BowTech perfect? Hardly! but I really think that most of the bashing comes from jealousy. This case is No different. There are lots of things I would have liked to seen changed at BowTech but obviously I have no influence.

As far the comments that it doesn't affect me! I could care less! Well that's really funny! I doubt many are buying it.

You don't see me posting on the trad forum about things that I don't care about ;)

Dan

18. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Again, Dan....the only thing I have against Bowtech (since I've bought 6-8 of their offerings) is the way they allow "some" of you guys to act in these forums.

Your last post is case and point.

"Jealous"? Do, pray tell, of what?....lol

Please move along....and don't get another thread locked.

19. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly what I was thinking :)

20. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just an FYI all,

BowTech's booth was standing room only for the unveiling. ALL media were right out front waiting for the veil to be removed, it proved effect as it was a record selling year for BowTech at this years ATA show. There wasn't a negative comment made throughout the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQUmXfRri8