Bowtech Invasion

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by soccerdan90, Dec 14, 2010.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is it just me or is everyone dying to see this bow? I was set on buying the assassin because of how cheap it is and its ready to shoot. I dont know now though, if its true about it being as fast as the destroyer and having the center pivot design, I may be paying much more for a bow this year.... Bummer :tu: My soon to be wife may not be thrilled even though she said I can get a new bow. She never did give me a price range!!!! :nana:

2. CdBurner

CdBurner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not me, and My last couple bows were Bowtech. I'm not a fan of a company that strings you along with pictures of their bows under blankets and such.

Couldn't understand why they would tease you/me like that. I went out and bought something different last week instead of waiting.

3. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, I'd wait. The new ones are always 10X better than anything they've ever released................

...................if you believe everything you hear.

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I love Bowtech and all, but this is a little "hokie". I just really hope that its truly worth waiting for.

Only way I'll be impressed and perhaps want one is if its a 34" ATA, 7" BH, 350fps bow that draws like my Allegiance with smooth mods. ;-)

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I tell ya what soccerdan90, I could barely sleep last night in anticipation!

Or was it constipation?

Either way I'm jacked! Jacked and tan. :rock:

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Hahahhaa

7. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What should they do? Release pictures with the title "Same as last year only more expensive"??? Bowtech makes a great bow (I think anyway). I have no complaints about mine. Of course, if you are like me, then this is the first you have heard about any of this "teasing". It reminds me of an old saying... "only a sucker gets sucker punched".

8. BowTech_Shooter

BowTech_Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    FWIW, This exactly how every company should release their new products.

In the year the model is (2011) and at the ATA Show where dealers get to see it first.

Just my opinion.

9. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's nice to see Bowtech backing up what they were saying last year, that they were going to use their dealer network more. Companies (and Bowtech has done this right along with the rest of them) that release their product (and product information) direct to the public at the same time as they get it to the dealers, are putting their dealers at a disadvantage. Same goes for the prostaff, or corporate, or field staff, etc, what's the use of having them if they don't get the info they need to be effective.

I hope that Bowtech continues in this way of thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see the new flagship, and almost more anxious to see what they've done to the Diamond line, but if it helps dealers, it helps me as a consumer.

10. BowTech_Shooter

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, but I also think the models that have already been released shouldn't have been released until the ATA Show. That goes for ALL companies, not just a few.

11. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a response similar to what Pat typed out but deleted it thinking it wouldn't be understood or well recieved. I'll quote what I had typed out below.

12. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    I agree to an extent. If all companies waited until the ATA each year to unveil their new products, this would be moot. The dealers get to see it first and get "educated" on the new bows before the general public gets their hands on it. In a perfect world, this works.

However, what if the dealer(s) in your particular area are less then steller about the product they sell? I have three Bowtech dealers within driving distance and none of them know much about the bows except that its a 2011 and its the "best". They don't even attend the show. Simply put, I buy a bow from them, but would never allow them to touch it except in the case I need warranty work. Even then, I cringe at the though of them tearing my bow down to replace something.

Leaning on the dealers more, I like the idea in theory, but when you don't have a "pro shop" only a retail shop, it doesn't work IMO.

I have a Matthews dealer not far from here that attends the ATA each year, learns about the products, etc, and is very, very knowledgeable. In that case, if I were a Matthews guy, the system works.

13. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't even buy a bow from the dealer in my area let alone allow them to work on it. As it is I just wait until I can get a "used" one. Saves money anyway since I don't have to pay for the hype.

14. BowTech_Shooter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not necessarily saying it would benefit the dealers, but I think it would strengthen the outdoor industry as a whole. As it is now it seems like most companies are just trying to be the first to release their next model year to get it out before their competition does. Unfortunately they generally release them in mid bow season which to me would confuse consumers let alone stick a dealer with any unsold product from the prior model year.

Matt (RJ), when I worked retail in the 90's Hoyt and PSE reps were selling the next model year bows in Oct. and Nov.

Remember, these are just MY opinions.

15. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech_Shooter,

I completely agree with you in regards to not releasing anything until the 1st of the year. It makes complete sense to me as well.

I guess my recent comment got off track, talking about the dealers not being "up to par" to where they should be if they're selling a product.

I'm talking about Bowtech here, but it certainly applies to other companies as well. I think Bowtech should make it mandatory for all dealers to attend some sort of training, orientation, each year to "get up to speed" with the new stuff and learn how to work on these bows the correct way. I am certain a lot of dealers can't afford to make the trip to the ATA each year to get caught up on the changes.

16. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm assuming you mean the MAthews show. I don't think they go to the ATA.

17. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    GMMAT, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, they attend the "all things Matthews" event as well as the ATA.

18. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It seems that bow manufacturers can't do anything right.

Mathews promotes the hell out their product doesn't like the way ATA runs things so they bail and they get bashed.

Hoyt creates and new and innovative product but then when they expect people to pay for the material and R&D that went into it they get bashed.

PSE gives archers exactly what they want (speed) but when it comes with a price of lower brace height and a harsh draw they get bashed.

Bowtech uses a little imagination and creativity to promote their product and create a little mystique about it (it's called marketing, there's a whole industry based around it) they get bashed.

I like bows, all of them. I'd shoot them all and own them all if I could. Some I like better than others, but they're all cool to me. It's all a moot point for me because I'm left handed so I have to wait regardless.

This new Bowtech sounds intriguing.

Jeff, the lengths you go to bash Bowtech are out there dude. Did the owner of Bowtech insult your wife or something?

19. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bashed Bowtech? I think you need to read the OP's comments and mine, again.

I have nothing against the Bowtech products. I owned several of them. They all performed flawlessly.

The hype machine........that's laughable, though.

When the company seemingly (if you believe the hype) produces a product every year that's 10X better than their best to date.....well....somebody's credibility is taking a big hit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  20. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's bashing.

As is that.

Seriously the comments have gone on for well over a year now. It's often enough that I notice without looking or being on here as much as I used to be.

So what did they do, kick your dog, steal your lunch money as a kid, date your sister and dump her on prom night? I've got no dog in this fight, just curious is all.