Bowtech Insanity

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by abates352, Jan 25, 2012.

1. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone know what the new Bowtech Insanity's are selling for. I am currently shooting a Iceman, but am looking for a new bow. Thinking about the Carbon Element, and the Insanity. Thanx for your help.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot a 2010 Ice man. I ran about 50 shots though the Insanity yesterday....not for nothing you might want to give it a run it though before you thing of trading that Iceman in. They dont shoot/ feel the same at all and if I was going to upgrade it wouldn't be to an Insanity.

3. abates352

Dislikes Received:
    REALLY.........That Stinks. I was looking forward to shooting it. What is bad about it. I am Expecting that the draw cycle will be pretty stiff in comparison, but that is fine with me. I am really looking to upgrade to a dual cam bow. This single came is pretty hard on the string serving. Have a feeling i am really going to like the Element, since it cost more than my hunting truck. Thanx for the input.

4. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    haha .. that was the same thing I said when I went and looked at the the Element.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't like the draw cycle wasn't bad but wasn't smooth either, the let down was kinda hard also( just so-so)...not something I look for in a hunting bow but If i liked everything else this wouldn't be an issue. The grip was EXCELLENT, the shot and follow though were good BUT the bow was very top heavy for my money, that would mean adding MORE weight to balance it out ..again not something i want in a hunting bow. The limbs showed some flaking, the pro shop guy said the bow had about 500 shots though it....that again its something that i didn't like.

Just didn't see anything that impressed me enough to buy. If you have someplace close by that you can shoot one go head your take maybe different then mine.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    MSRP on the Insanity is $999. I'm sure some dealers will sell them for less though.

7. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My son was in the market for a new bow this year and shot everything he could. He ended up with an Invasion, thought it shot better than the Insanity, and was $300 cheaper, so that helped to.

8. rtaylor

rtaylor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also want to shoot the Insanity. I have shot the Invasion alot and it is an awesome bow. It balances perfect, has a 7 inch brace height, weighs less and cost less. If you are going to a Bowtech dealer you need to try the Assassin as well. Some people go with the intentions of buying their flagship bow and leave with an Assassin.

9. abates352

Dislikes Received:
    My Father in Law has an Assassin. it is a nice shooting bow. I wish i would have waited a bit, but i did get my diamond Iceman for $450 brand new, so i am still pleased with the purchase.

10. MtnManX

MtnManX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    BowTech Insanity Shoots Like a Dream

That's odd that you would think that, I shot an Iceman for two season and just got the Insanity. After shooting every brand my proshop had the Insanity had the most comfortable draw and was the most stable shot out there. Don't get me wrong, i loved my Iceman but you couldn't pay me enough to go back to it after shooting the Insanity!

11. abates352

Dislikes Received:
    Guess i will have to decide for myself.

12. reddog7212002

reddog7212002 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the destroyer 350 is still better than the insanity dont like it at all .

13. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another vote for the Insanity here. I ordered the CPXL which is the same bow except a 35" axle to axle.

14. millerxmr

millerxmr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You should definately give the Insanity a shot. It is a little on the heavy side but thats the only downside to this bow. Very smooth and feels great! I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, got the black opps and it was $979. Black opp is $50 more than camo so you can get one for around $929 plus tax.

15. weatherbymanw

weatherbymanw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    do not listen to any opinions for what is good or better. Shoot them and you decide.... be it BT, PSE, BowTech or Hoyt. YOU CHOOSE

16. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You should keep an open mind while shopping. That being said, I LOVE MY INVASION!:nana:

17. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I second that !!!!

18. runner262

runner262 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First time I posted here. I usually just read, but some of the quoted prices seem high. Just bought an Insanity CPX for $869. That was with no discount. If you are just an occasional shooter, you may want to try the CPXL. The longer brace height will be more forgiving.

19. hollihunter

hollihunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my Insanity 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier !!!! I was shooting the Destroyer 340, the Insanity is heavier but is a smooth fast accurate bow.

20. td8541

td8541 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot one! Even though the cams look aggressive, they are pretty mild manored. IMHO, they entire draw cycle is better than the Invasions, if you believe that. What peoPle tend to forget is the CPX is a 355 IBO bow. It's draw cycle is increably smooth for a speed bow. And it's not just a speed bow either. It's the complete package!

Plus going from a single to dual cam is a difference all together. Just try one!