Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Bowtech Destroyer 350

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Nov 6, 2023.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting Bowtech since the beginning (I still have a Patriot in my basement). I have owned I believe 4 of their bows and was always kind of the guys scoping out new bows looking for the latest and greatest. That all ended in 2010. I bought a Destroyer 350 as it seemed like a Patriot with 7 years of new technology on it. That bow has been nothing short of FLAWLESS since. I just put honestly the shot of my life on a nice buck and as he crashed and I hung that bow up empty on the hook like I have many times along the way it just sunk in how amazing this bow has been. I know it’s not good business in the bow industry to not say this years bow is better than any ever but IMO Bowtech was as close to perfect as it gets in 2010 and 13 years later I am still VERY happy I chose that bow.

Best bow I’ve ever owned.

MarkMo likes this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to see you're still around and killing stuff. As your signature says, always one of my favorites. :)

INbowhunter and atlasman like this.
  3. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha………….Good to “see” you too man

Now I’m feeling nostalgic. I should fire up a few threads about Location and Carbon

peakrut likes this.
  4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same bow and absolutely loved that bow. It was perfect match to me and shot great. I did have 4 sets of limbs blow up in 6 years and a bearing go out that damaged the string, cracked a limb and at that point I retired the bow. Even with all the problems with it, I just loved shooting that bow.

I know have a Bowtech SS34 and it's every thing that the destroyer was and better. I'm having fun with this thing! 4 deer down with it just this year. 3 of which were heart shots.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Destroyer 340 and loved that thing until it blew a limb. I had it replaced but it always was in the back of my mind it would do it again. I since replaced it with an Experience and that bow was incredible. My current is a Revolt X and I personally feel its one of, if not the best all around bows Bowtech has ever built.

6. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    My Destroyer is literally stock……..same as the day I bought it 13 years ago. Same string, accessories, nothing changed. Obviously I don’t put thousands of arrows a year through it but still impressive IMO

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 340 destroyer with barnsdale limbs love that bow all I will ever need.

atlasman likes this.
  8. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    It really is crazy how good that bow is. Draw is smooth as silk, holds like a rock and is faster than most bows made since then……and it’s 13 years old.

I have a Matthew’s Phase 4 I won in a raffle this year sitting in a box I don’t even know what to do with LOL

Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I let mine sit for 4 years took it out and smacked the neighbors buck target from 30 yards right in the kill zone. Love that bow with pile drivers to keep it quiet and smooth, wish muzzy made 150-200 grain hybrids.

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Atlas! Sup

atlasman likes this.
  11. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Peak!!!

12. Morpheuspig

Morpheuspig Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at purchasing a used Destroyer 350 - should I be worried about the condition of the limbs? I’m new to bow hunting (this would be my first bow) so I’m not sure what number of shots is considered normal before failure. Glad to hear it’s still a good bow overall.

13. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You won't be able to see any signs of failure until it happens. There is a company that makes aftermarket limbs. Barksdale archery, if you need to replace. At that point a new string and limbs will cost more then the bow.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

14. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just guessing here Holt. Thinking you just wasted a minute of your life.
    Same as me.:biggrin:

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First bow and you want to shoot a destroyer? Not to be an arrogant old man but with that bow you better have your form right, the bow is not forgiving like a longer BH bow.

16. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had 2010 destroyer 350 as well. Bad ass bow.

17. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Destroyer 340 for a few years. Outstanding shooting bow for me. That era for Bowtech was a tad rough with limb issues. Those bow had limbs that had an aluminum layer at the end of the limb to strengthen up the cam area. I had mine delaminate at this spot. Bowtech took care of me, no questions asked, but I believe it was a design flaw. Thats probably why you see some many that are still being used that have Barnsdale limbs on them. I ended up getting rid of that bow shortly after and buying a Bowtech Experience. That bow was one of my best shooters by a mile. Its one bow I wish I kept around. Learned my lesson. I'm not shooting a Revolt X and it hands down is my favorite Bowtech and I can shoot it lights out. I will keep this one.

Sota likes this.