Bowtech Assassin 2011.........??

Discussion in 'Archery Tackle' started by DropTine249, Nov 4, 2010.

1. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any info on this bow ?

Anyone else have the pleasure of shooting it ?

I shot it on Tuesday at my local shop, and, although it was not set up for me, and such, I really liked it.

Any info appreciated. Cool looking bow and feels GREAT...

2. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna sell a TON of them. Something like 599 with a package. It's an affordable Tribute type bow.

3. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    how cna i find no info on it and shops have it???

4. bowhunter12

bowhunter12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the looks of this bow and I will shoot it as soon as a get the chance. Who knows it might just be my next bow.

5. DropTine249

Dislikes Received:
    The only online info I have come across is the Assassin video from Bowtech(kinad cheesy, too, haha)

I've shot this bow, before. Today, I will be shooting it again, along with the Hoyt Rampage XT.

The Assassin I shot was set at a light draw weight, but, from shooting it, I conclude that the binary-cams are semi aggressive, with an over-all smooth pull, similar to my Diamond Nitrous. It releases smooth as butter and it's very forgiving, meaning, controlling torque is simple- when compared to other bows that demand nothing less than PERFECT form.

My likely set up, shout I purchase this bow will be a QAD Drop Away, Spot Hogg 5pin, and a medium stabilizer. The bow felt decently balanced, for me, but could use a touch more weight out front.

I am the furthest thing from an archery expert, but, the above is MY take and feeling on the Assassin.

When I shot it, I said, I'll take it. Too bad for me, the Archery Tech at the shop said, sorry, thats a demo only ! Bitter-sweet, I guess....Gives me a chance to shoot some other bows.

I'll update this post after I shoot it again. I'll try and get a few photos of the bow cuz it's siiiiiiiick looking.

6. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I want to see more on this bow!!!! Great price if it is true!

7. DropTine249

Dislikes Received:
    I shot it again. I kept switching between the Hoyt Rampage XT and the Assassin. Now, I know Bowtech is coming out with this AWESOME super secret bow, but, I really want to keep within a certain price range, and, both this Hoyt and the Assassin fit such range.

The Assassin is much quieter than the Hoyt.

The Assassin is faster.

The Assassin 'feels' more compact.

When we ramped up the D/W, the Assassin has a small 'bump' right before it falls into the valley, not present on the Hoyt, at similar D/W.

The Hoyt feels great, but, feels a little more cumbersome. It draws smooth, shoots smooth and balances well.

It's going to be a tough decision, for me, but, I'm likely going with the Assassin. I should have it by mid-week, assuming the shipment from B/T arrives, as scheduled. I forgot to take photos, but, if I go back, or, when I buy mien, I'll post 'em up.

8. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    DT, what camo options are available?

9. elkman1jc

elkman1jc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from local shop........... Asassin is sweet

Just got home from shooting one, and man is that a sweet bow. Light, great balance, as quiet as any of Bowtech's other bows, and dead in the hand. Very hard to beat for $599 all set up.

Attached Files:

10. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Needed some .40 ammo and was going by the shop today. Was quite happy to find a LH Assassin hanging on the peg, just begging me to take her for a spin.

First impression, reminded me of a light little mini 101st Airborne. Similar draw cycle and solid wall. I didn't take the time to adjust it all the way out as it wasn't going to reach my DL anyhow, not without a different mod as the stock mods only go to 30, but I was impressed. I never got to mess much with the Ally/Tribute bows, but I assume its similar to them and the new Treestand camo is pretty nice looking. ***Sidebar, the Destroyer limbs now coming in that is nice, but the 2011's still have that darn logo on them.

The new string silencers look frigging cool too. The R.A.K. accessories, weren't cheapies either. My shop had it marked at 569.99. I really they hit it out of the park for a solid hunting bow at an awesome price. I may not own one, but I'd be really surprised if they didn't sell a ton of them.

12. Jarhead-mike

Jarhead-mike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bow tech Assassin is a KILLER bow.

Just picked up the bowtech assassin in black after trying several others, including Hoyt, bear, mission, Matthews and other similar bows, many on the high end. I seemed to be able to keep the sights on target easier with this bow, others tended to wander more, and it's total lack of creep allowed me to take my time. You can hold this bow forever at full draw. Accuracy was as good as the higher end bows. NO vibration, totally dead in the hand after the shot and very quiet. Speed was great even for a 60 pound bow. So impressed with everything, especially the price. For those considering this bow, it is a great value, and an awesome bow. You will not be disappointed.:rock:

13. thormx23

thormx23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Buy the assassin

I just purchased the assassin over 10 other bows that I shot. The tech took the bow straightened out the peep sight and I got to shoot it through a chronograph. It was shooting 288 ft per sec with an arrow cut an inch and a half to big for me and a weight way heavier than I should have been shooting. These were my TEST shots to see if I liked the way it felt! I cant wait to test the speed with lighter arrows that are cut to my size.

14. Walt_the_Assassin

Walt_the_Assassin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a new Bowtech Assassin...50-60# set at 55#, 26.5" Easton Flatline arrow (forget total weight), 27" Draw, shoots 286 fps through chrono. I am older and weaker than the last bow I bought 20 yrs ago, at 70# draw!

Whether worth extra over a Diamond, or other brand ???? But one last bow hurrah for this old timer!

The 333 fps is 70# at 29", I do believe. Still much faster than my 20 yr old Martin round roller.

Shoots sweet, 5-6 arrows, it was sighted in with stock sight and rest...quiet, balanced...sweet!

15. solpaul67

solpaul67 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech Assassin

I bought a Bowtech Assassin back October of this year. What drew me to the bow was of course the price. The second was how it felt in my hands. It was set at 29 inches so it was adjusted down to 27 inches. The draw weight was at 70lbs, it was set down to 65lbs. When I fired off the first arrow, I knew I made the right choice. The let off was very smooth. This past December, I up the poundage back to 70lbs. I put it through the chronograph, it read out on the first shot 323. All I can say is this is one fast bow. No vibration, no creep. You can hold this bow at full draw all day. At 20 yards, the Bowtech Assassin is what is says it is. Its a Assassin. Quiet and fast.