bowhunting glasses

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bkbowhunter, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bkbowhunter

Bkbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i was wondering what type of glasses does todd wear while hunting on bowhunt or die. i wear bi-focals . ive only had them for 2 years now they do affect my shooting some. thanks for any info

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New to glasses last year too...and yes, bifocals (getting old sucks)

I look out of the top half by tilting my head slightly forward when shooting....and lots of practice to ;)

4. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trifocals here ... !! I started using a single pin HHA Lite King Pin tournament sight last year in the XL version ... I must say this was a huge help in multiple ways ... 1st- the dovetail lets me move the pin further away from me than a fixed position sight .. anybody that needs trifocals/bifocals will understand this is a direct comparison to the statement that "my arms are not long enough" often said by those of us in need of close up vision correction (old age) ... 2nd- the XL globe is just like a larger diameter scope/binoculars/camera lens ... more light in .. equals .. better visibility ... ! 3rd- using a single pin requires less focus on the pin itself ... no need to figure out which pin you are using you have one fuzzy green dot to place on a clear target ... you should be leaning into your peep looking through the top or distance portion of your glasses ... one pin as opposed to five pins inside the globe , like above also allows more light in there too ...
    to sum it up ... position your peep to look through the top of your glasses .. don't try to or worry about focusing the pin sharply ... put that fuzzy green fiber optic dot (that is less fuzzy the further you can get it away from you) on that clear boiler room of your target as viewed from your distance prescription ... and you will be able to use the lower part of your glasses for blood trailing ... & operating your steak knife at the dinner table ... !

hope you can try this out ... it's the best remedy for old age that I know of !!