Bowhunting for Competition

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by head2toe camo, Apr 10, 2014.

1. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm relatively new to the site, but I've been here a couple years. It seems like a lot of us join "teams" on this site. How do these competitions work? We all have our reasons for bowhunting, but to those on teams, do you get more enjoyment by making it a competition?

2. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't get get any more or less enjoyment out of the hunt by doing the contests. Also, I don't change the way I hunt or shoot something I normally wouldn't just for the sake of the contest. For me its more just about the social aspect of the hunt. Bowhunting by its very nature is a solitary pastime, especially compared to rifle season. For me its away to share the hunt with others and have a little friendly competition. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its just a fun competition with a lot of back-and-forth. All in good fun, plus it allows you to get to know people better by being on teams together. The main thing though...you have to not change how you hunt, and kill what makes you happy. :tu:

4. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's a competition of a bunch of dudes (and a few chicks) trying their mightiest to succeed as a team and hope they will one day be thought of and mentioned as highly as the hallowed BBK.... The BBK, the all time greatest team in the history of teams.

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: