Bowhunting at night

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by brucelanthier, Jan 21, 2012.

1. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to get a light for my shotgun (night time fox hunting)and have been on this website checking things out and found they have a bow mounted light for bowhunting at night. Having never use it I can't speak to its effectiveness but I have heard many very good things about the gun mounted XLR lights.

If I lived where hogs were and it was legal to hunt them at night I would have something new to do all summer. The video is the second link.

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/home.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34H0xC_tkXE&list=UUI9kT_x9IaYPUqp1kl0dRGA&index=4&feature=plcp

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/products.htm?section=22&p=productMore&iProduct=308

2. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When are we going Bruce ?? That looks like a lot of fun !! No piggies here. Heck even that big old spider in the web would have been a worthy bow kill !! My God it is true... everything is big in Texas !!! LOL

Tim

3. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL Tim, we'll go when we can hunt in t-shirts, like that guy. It looks like incredible fun. I think that is one of the animals I would travel to hunt, especially if I had the rig to do it at night, like that.

4. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That light is cool! Hunt pigs in Oklahoma and think that would be a lot of fun!

5. C DUDE

C DUDE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea that's pretty cool.

6. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Def looks like fun!

7. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bow mounted light for bowfishing, its called a Hawg Light. I have never used it on my compound bow, but I use it all the time on my bowfishing bow. I love that thing. I always think about using it to hunt coyotes, but never have yet.

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heavy into predator hunting with my AR-15 chambered in .223 , i do alot of night hunting as well and threw the years have done alot of research on gun mounted lights , led colors red or green , lumens , ect ect ect ...... and i found the mark up on these Cree Lights are crazy ridiculious , the kill light xlr-250 is a nice light and have one with green led's , i can pick off a yote at 200 yards with it easy and locate eyes out to 300 plus with it .........but i just purchased one of these lights to mount on my scope which is a 1000 lumens it will clear a lighted path out a 1/4 mile even with a green or red filter on it , its bad azz and really worth checking into i'm very pleased with mine i paid a little under $30.00 for mine , here is the link .
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-C...ight-Torch-5-Mode-18650-Charger-/170717005785

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  9. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bruce, before you purchase that light look at the Coyote TLR light at www.shepslights.com my buddy has the XLR250 and I have the Coyote TLR....the Coyote TLR has a much better light pattern as well a wider and brighter pattern.