Bowhunters vs. Gunhunters...who we really need to be against.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tynimiller, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, you're strung tight. Perhaps reread my posts... I WAS actually in somewhat of an agreement with you and I didn't say you have no credibility, I said you will lose credibility as long as you continue to call people names... I'll leave you to your rant, you obviously want nor can accept criticism one way or another. Have a nice evening.

2. crad85

crad85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rifle hunting is just a bunch of talentless hunters who a) tried bowhunting and failed b) impatient c) rednecks. There is no comparison when talking about difficulty levels on the both of them. Whats hard about shooting a deer with a blindfold ear plugs in and tape on the nose, cuz basically thats what the deer has to work with when these so called skilled hunters go HUNTING for them. The guy talking about 700 yards shots can blow me. Hes acting like he takes those kinds of shots on a daily basis and that he never misses. You can tell all the guys that back up rifle sniping have tried to bow hunt and blew ass at it so they when back to talentless sniping....

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, grow up and leave the profanity at the door. Talk like this will not be tolerated around here. Consider it a warning.

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Crap like this has no place among hunters. Your arguments sound dumber than.........

[video=youtube_share;4JUeDQbR-ts]http://youtu.be/4JUeDQbR-ts[/video]

5. orkan

orkan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been bowhunting and rifle hunting every year since I was 14 years old. Those that know... know how ridiculous your elitist crap sounds when applied to a guy like me.

Actually, the farthest shot I've made was not on a deer, but a coyote... at 973yds. I don't take shots like that every day on animals... but I shoot to 1000yds at least once a week. Your post is so absolutely ridiculous that I can't even come to terms with the fact that you believe what you wrote.

Here is me shooting 700yds with a 308 in a 30mph crosswind. Shooting at that distance with my 338LM is hardly a challenge.
    [video=youtube_share;7vlONSxbDKQ]http://youtu.be/7vlONSxbDKQ[/video]

The shots I take with a rifle or a bow are based on MY confidence level... not what some internet commando's THINK it should be.

6. David8

David8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is a touchy subject. Personally I am a bowhunter and gun hunter so I am part of both sides. I feel bowhunting is more of a challenge and when you take a deer it feels like you have achieved more.

7. crad85

crad85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    all im saying is rifle hunting consists of you walking around on top of mountains with a spotting scope, mat, tripod, seeing a deer "1000yds" away laying down and pulling the trigger with just ur index finger touching the gun. Oh yeah right after you take a piss cough and call your buddy to tell him about what ur gonna shoot..

Here's the thing, you forgot that fact that your variables of killing an animal. Consists of 1) wind direction/mph 2) Practicing your shot. That is not hunting, your basically going to a range shooting at something that has slim to no chance of survival.

Look at the variables in bow hunting. You have to get close to the deer, practice your shot, noise, smell, sight. YOU take all the variables out and basically target shoot. Your right your a awesome TARGET shooter, not HUNTER.

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously, do us a favor and read what you type before you hit Submit Reply......

9. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lets all get along!! some people like rifle hunting and some people like bow hunting....I personally like bow hunting better because your all up close with the animals and its pretty cool...Some people need to grow up about it...people have their own opinions to!!

10. crad85

crad85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Whats the problem with what i type? Thats the truth and if you disagree you post your opinion not "Seriously, do us a favor and read what you type before you hit Submit Reply...... "

11. orkan

orkan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey brainless...

I kill around 10-15 deer/goats a year with my bow. I kill at least 4 with rifle. I call and shoot between 50-100 coyotes a year. I make my own hours on the two businesses I own... so I spend more time hunting than most could ever dream.

Go ahead and keep telling me I'm not a hunter though. It's amusing to some of my friends I've sent this thread to. Some of them were thinking about getting signed up here... and the huge quantity of threads like this has assured that they will not. I likely won't be contributing any quality content myself. Such a shame that the mods here let crap like your posts stand crad.

12. crad85

crad85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I do both but IMO gun hunting is a joke and is as easy as shooting a deer tied to a tree. These other guys think that target practicing is a sport.

13. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhunting can't be all that hard if complete dumbasses can do it and kill deer.

14. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone has there own flipping opinions!!!!!

Jeez guys so what if he shoots deer at 700 yards!!that takes skill!!

Or if he shoots a deer with a bow!! that takes skill to!!

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What's wrong with what you type?

Lets see....for starters you're slamming another hunter for doing what he likes to do.......legally. Has he done anything Illegal? No. Just because its not your cup of tea, there is no reason to talk to another HUNTER the way you are. It shows your lack of class.

Oh, and I'll post my opinion when I want to.....and actually already did a few pages back. I'm also here to moderate this forum and keep the peace.

So again, do us all a favor.......

16. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    haaahahahah

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  17. orkan

orkan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL Had me rolling on the floor with that one. Thanks... I needed it after this idiocy.

18. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

And again Bruce shows up with the truth hidden in the middle of a little sarcasm. :rock:

19. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^this

20. crad85

crad85 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ill leave it alone you guys are right though thats why i see everyone shooting ducks with bows and not guns because guns are just so hard to kill things with...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.