bow season's going to be short, gun seasons start next week

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by in da woods, Oct 2, 2008.

1. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :bash: youth gun hunt next weekend on sat & sun, the following weekend in a 4 days anterless hunt. that'll really screw up the woods. at least i have a little parcel of private land that no gun hunting is allowed on. maybe i'll go sit out there on gun season & wait for them to take sanctuary there. anyone else have other seasons interfering with them?

2. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have a early antlerless here in Minnesota as well. But it is only in certain areas where the you can take up to 4 additional antlerless deer. Good thing is I can hunt by my house and not have to worry about it. But along with that is there are less deer.:(

3. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have very little doubt that this will be the next idiotic move of the NYSDEC........move an early youth gun season into bow or start muzzleloading before bow and totally screw us beyond belief.

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Hank not sure if I can get out your way by then.

T

5. wis_bow_huntr

wis_bow_huntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it sucks but what can we do other than sit out there with blaze orange on with a bow. Deer see orange as a shade of grey anyway. Ive taken advantage of this. Its a great op. to fill any doe tags you have. Besides the lull should begin next week and run through the following week from what I have experienced anyway. But I still go. Never know what may happen.

6. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait to take the old flintlock out, good time fun!

7. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, it doesn't seem to have that negative of an impact on Kansas....:confused: But yes, kansas is a little different.

8. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I myself wouldn't go out on public land w/a bow during the gun season, on private land yes. I know that the deer can't differentiate the color, but it's the whole bowhunting mystique of being out there by yourself, vs other gun hunters walking around. the only saving grace, is that this will be my son's first official gun hunt this yr, & I'm hoping to video tape during the youth hunt. he's at least going around saying that we need to shoot a deer to get some food in the house. I'm down to just a couple of pieces of venison left. It just would be nice if the guns season would be just in Nov. like it used to. the last 2 weeks of Dec until Jan 4 is another gun season, so that really takes care of bow season.