Bow Recommendations (New to bowhunting)

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by GibsonBanjos, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bear Cruzer G2 you could get one at a bow shop 400$ brand new out the door. And has everything on it you’d need to hunt. Btw saw people recommended you get expandable broadheads don’t do that. I’d go with a cut on contact broadhead (Fixed blade). I use Qad Exodus broadheads very very good broadheads you can get a three pack for 40 bucks. Best penetrating broadhead I’ve used for the small size of them. Killed 5 deer last year all pass through two of the shots were quartering to me and didn’t have to worry about putting the arrow right in the shoulder. I would never have that confidence with any expandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Isaac Paulakonis

Isaac Paulakonis Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Used is the way to go! As long as you inspect it and make sure there aren't any defects, you can get a killer bow for a great price.

About to list a loaded Mathews Z3 for sale for $400, for example.

3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most any new bow in that price range will kill deer . diamond, bear, mission..even the cabelas or bass pro brands will do. However, the deeper you get into bowhunting there is no substitute for bows like pse, bowtech, mathews, hoyt, elite to name a few. If you decide bowhunting is your passion then I would look at these brands used or new.

4. JFerg3

JFerg3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I say go to a bow shop and buy a nice used bow. Like many have said, a used bow is likely to already have the accessories on it.

5. znate80

znate80 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the Elite Ember also