bow locked up

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by ARYAN1, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the indoor range to sight in my 20 yard pin on my brand new Elite Hunter and after just a dozen or so shots my cam stops blew off and the bow locked up at 100 percent letoff, lucky I was at a bow shop and they immediately put it in the bow press to unlock it. I found all the parts for one cam stop but couldn't (with the help of 4 ppl) find the nut for the second one. I called the shop where I bought it (90 miles away) and told them what happened and they are sending me a complete cam stop, so thanks to them. But my problem is with the design of the cam stops, they dont seam like a good design, the bow (70#) isn't that hard to draw, not like I was pryin back a 90# bow or nuthin, but when it hit the stops they blew right off! Anybody ever had this happen? If it happens again its goin away!:mad:

2. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nope but I check my all my screws and bolts on my rest and sight and cams before I shoot everytime. I also shoot the Elite Hunter and have had the Z28 and Judge and as far as I am concerned Elite makes the best bow out there.. I wouldn't be to freaked out Elite has the best warranty out there, and all the other bow makers have there own problems with cam derailments and other stuff..You should check your bow over no matter what kind you shoot, just a good habbit to get into it is a machine with moving parts..Walt