Bow Hunting (Deer) season still open in Arkansas until Feb 28th.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by chubber, Jan 25, 2014.

1. chubber

chubber Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all,
    I just had my brother and some buddies from Texas up here to Arkansas and they went nuts when they found out how long our bow season is. They have a lease in Oklahoma but now they are looking for one here in Arkansas. I've only been bow hunting a couple years and wanted to get other peoples thoughts on when bow season should really end. What's the earliest time they can start getting pregnant anyway? The last doe I took last year didn't seem as good as the ones I got earlier. I don't know if this was just because it was later in the season or because she had been stressed since late Sept. I wondered if anybody else has had this experience. I also wanted to let everybody know that if you have friends or family in Arkansas you can still get a hunt in. My wife and I have a lodge you can hunt from but I don't want to look like I'm spamming so you can just check my profile for more info on that. We are in North West Arkansas. Anyway, I was just wondering if there were a consensus on when bow seasons should end and why you would feel that way. Thanks! - Chubber