BOW HUNT OR DIE- The thinghs that you like and the things that you dont?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BH.COM-CLINTON, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Just keep it real!

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who said anything about them being nekkid? Sarcasm or not, it's kinda messed up that your mind would even go there. And I can think of nothing less scripted than "surprise, go hunt this public 100 acre plot on 2 days notice." It would beat yet another "quality deer management" doe kill on a flat top that they see on trail cams so often they recognize her by the dark patch on her third teat.

Not that I mind them preaching and exemplifying QDM every now and then, but he was specifically asking for new ideas. I wasn't suggesting they build a season on it, just maybe an episode or two when the season is slow.

3. Diamond Outlaw

Diamond Outlaw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I watch the outdoor channel some.

Does anyone have a link to this other show everyone is talking about ? . . . I'm new here, so I don't know how/where to find it!:)

Thanks!

4. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhunting or die is thee best show out there today. It's not just go out an smack a 160 on the first morning of a guided hunt. This is a year round show that's filmed by guys just like us. That's what I love about it. From shed season, spring turkey, into planting plots an setting cams up!!! You boys do one hell of a job, an all I can say is keep up the good work!!

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see some more pro-staffers from /hunting in different states. EG. KS, NE, MO, OK, SD etc....

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've maybe watched one episode since you guys started it. Guess I have some catching up to do before I can give an opinion.

7. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would choose BHOD over most shows on tv, great show! I have to agree with wanting to see more pro-staff in different areas of the country, it's probably easier said than done though.

8. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the comments guys keep them coming. I my self like the fact that the show is real. I like that we have a wide range of experience and personalities. One of the things that I would like to see us work on is the name dropping. I think there is times that we get carried away with the sponsor stuff. Most of the time its in the heat of the moment after the shot. That's probably going to be a hard one to fix since your pretty much rambling with emotions and are not thinking about what you are saying.

I myself would be open to going some where and doing a public land hunt. I think Frank and I are going to try and find somewhere to go early season next year.

I totally understand the aspect of taking a beginner hunting. I had a lot of fun with my brother in law TY this year. Its a lot of fun sitting in the tree and knowing that the next thing that comes by is going to get shot. It took me back to my early years of bow hunting. Im not sure how he passed that smaller buck that first came by. He knew he could shoot whatever he wanted with no limitations. Theres not many people out there that would let a 100 in deer walk by with a camera rolling over there shoulder and knowing that if you hit the release its going to make you reach the goal that you have been working towards for three weeks.
    not to mention it was down to the last 30 min of his hunt.

9. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is a show on the tv ( I think discover channel ) where they drop two naked people off to try to survive. And yes there was loads off sarcasm... not at you but at the reality shows on tv. I think it is stupid and why the reference. I didn't think it up on my own so apparently it isn't my warped mind you should worry about. I would like to stay away from that. :)

You gave your opinion... I gave mine. You have a problem with that ??

Tim

11. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great Show, very well done. My only recommendation is that every prostaffer should have to wear a pair of yellow glasses like Grafs.

12. hoosierarcher2204

hoosierarcher2204 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is he best show around by far but there are always a few things I would like to know. like.... I would like to find out more about the cameras. what kind, and the specifics. I would also like to see more on how you get to the stands your hunting. how you enter and your thoughts on how to enter a stand in a certain area such as bedding areas, food plots, and tree lines. how slow do you walk. I think those are things every hunter needs to know. do you ever have to give up something to get to a certain stand.

13. nsimmons

nsimmons Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Neillsville, WI/ Chippewa Falls, WI/ Spooner, WI
    I also like the zooming in portion of Greg millers hunt. I feel it is a great teaching tool to others and would be cool to see that on BHOD with a few of the hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think a public land hunt or two would be kind of cool

15. Diamond Outlaw

Diamond Outlaw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate it when they sound like other shows....

"That is why I use (insert product here)" Like another broadhead wouldn't have killed the deer \

So the product pimping as well ...it has gotten much better tho.....

Still the best hunting show out there, IMO

17. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    No problem...enjoy

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy BHOD, it's a well put together show. I''m not going to tell you it's my favorite though. I personally like Midwest Whitetail as my favorite show. Mainly because of all the teaching and educational stuff that Bill does. I learn more about hunting from his shows than any other shows I watch. That's why it's my favorite. I would like to see BHOD add some more off season, land management, food plots, how and why you set stands in certain locations, how to make yourself a better hunter type stuff into your shows.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy BHOD, the fact that the hunting is always self guided, fair chase makes it way more enjoyable than the shows on TV where an outfitter has done all the work, and the host of the show hops up in the stand and shoots a big deer they have never seen before.

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate the product pimping that occurs at times. I have products I believe in 100% as well...however the naivety to believe "x" broadhead or "x" bow is the sole reason the deer got "smoked" is ludacris.

However, I do feel the show carries the most genuine feeling (whether true or not). While I 100% understand paying the bills but the product limitations placed on guys I feel limits the chance for some awesome pro-staff growth...but that is impossible to do to an extent without funds lacking I'd suspect.

Something I always want to see is the specs of the hunt:

-Bow Set-Up (lookie there a way to push products without seeming pushy)
    -Wind conditions
    -Basic stand layout and expected movement then note where deer came in from.
    -Time
    -Moon Phase

I'm more of a data type guy though..but this would be very easy to overlay a hero shot or video with...

20. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Feels similar to most other hunting shows to me...

Like others have said, I'd rather have only 1 hunt per show and have you guys talk about stand placement, etc., so it can be used as a learning tool and would also generate more discussion on the boards.