Bow envy ?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by StringPuller#1, May 29, 2012.

1. hmccall4

hmccall4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to bring back an older topic, but this is a great thread...especially for a newbie like me. Me starting out in the sport I got a little overwhelmed seeing bows well out of my price range wondering if a bow that I could actually afford was inferior to those $800+ bows. And you guys made me feel better about the subject.

2. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One of my all time favorite bow was a 2009 PSE BRUTE.

3. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    its nice to have a top of the line bow if you can afford it. I will say that. But your bow is plenty enough. As long as it shoots straight and will kill deer why change? You gone get the same result from your bow as from a top of the line bow. Thats just my 0.2 cents though.

4. Lovemule

Lovemule Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak for bows since this is my first one (Mission Eliminator II) but I've play alot of tournament paint ball in the past so I'll use that as an example. My advice with paintball guns and bows is this. Pick a mid grade model new or used top end from a top end company with great customer service. Then use said bow/gun till it becomes an extension of your body. Learn its maintenance and upkeep. Ignore the marketing "advancements" that come out every year. Im mean really if every bow was quieter and faster by a decent margine every year by now they'd be dead silent and weigth nothing. Then upgrade every 3-5years or so.

You'd see it all the time in paintball and I was guilty of it when I first started. The guys that think you can buy skill. That only comes with time and having the same platform (bow/gun) to work with consistantly will help build that instead of changing ever year. Just my 2 cents.

5. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same thoughts. I bought a 2008 Browning Illusion. It was a great bow but it seamed no one else shot one and I kept reading about how great every ones mathews and Bowtechs were. No way my wife would let me spend that kind of money so kept it until this last christmas my boss gave me a suprise bonus of 1500$. I knew it was my only chance I would have to get a new bow for along time, so I went and bought the Bowtech Invasion. I think I will be very happy with this bow for quite a few years. My browning was just fine, but I kept thinking what I was missing with a better bow. This bow is quieter and faster and I can shoot more acurate at further distances which is always fun. That part might be just me getting better but it seamed like the bow just shoots better. I did buy a 2011 this January so I got it alittle cheaper $799 since they were getting ready for their 2012 bows.

6. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my mission venture is a 500 dollar bow, its quiet, fast, smooth and just flatout fun to shoot. the brute you have is good. actually, it was the last bow that was in the running before i bought my mission. good luck with it this year.