blurry pins question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by lgordon711, Sep 15, 2014.

1. lgordon711

lgordon711 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So guys I have a question. It is more towards people who have glasses or contacts. So this summer I got contacts and glasses. My vision at a distance is not the best. So without my contacts in my pins are super sharp and I can see them great but the target is a bit blurry. Now with contacts or glasses in my target is pretty clear but my pins are kinda blurry. In normal light (not too bright not too dark) they are just a bit but I can still shoot pretty well. But when the sun is really shining or if it is almost dark my pins almost go invisible. I can almost not see them. It makes it almost impossible to shoot decent at all. I was wondering if anybody else has this problem? Is it normal or should I talk to my doctor about it. I also noticed it while shooting pistols. One day I was in normal light and it was ok but another it was really bright and the sights on it went almost invisible. And also it does not happen to me with my contacts or glasses not on or in.
    Thanks in advance for your time and info
    Landis

2. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    look into a verifier for your peep. should take care of it

3. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like it's time for some bifocals. (Welcome to the club).

If you don't want to wear glasses, especially while shooting, you can get bifocal contacts. If you don't mind wearing glasses, but don't want to look like a geezer, you can progressive lenses (no-line bifocals), and if you don't care about the bifocal line at all, and actually prefer to look like a geezer (so you can yell at kids to get off your lawn), you can just go with standard run of the mill bifocals.

4. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    Im 22 I feel like my prescription might be a little messed up or something. I really hope I don't need bifocals. I can see my sights perfect without glasses on its only when I put them on that I have trouble. I think I may call my eye doctor tomorrow and talk to him I guess.

5. bamerslamer50!

bamerslamer50! Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't wear glasses but probably need them. Welding got me a little blurry as well but I started shooting with both eyes open this summer and it helped alot. Now it definitely took some getting use to but I shoot alot better than before. I probably still should go get my eyes checked.

6. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wear glasses while shooting. I'm near sighted to about 15-20ft, anything past that is blurry. My glasses doesn't cause my pins to blur at all. May want to go back in and have things checked and tell the dr what is going on,
    Something seems off.

7. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    called my doctor today and he said for me to keep shooting and I should get more used to focusing my pins. he said if not and I want to come in he said I could bring my bow and they would work with me on a better prescription for shooting. He did say tho that it would probably make everyday vision worse and not as crisp. so I guess that I will give it a bit and keep shooting. I shot today and it actually seemed pretty good but it was not as dark as yesterday.

8. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^This

9. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same problem but mine is age related as I need bi-focals now. Never needed glasses before the last few years. Low light is the worst as the pins become blurry almost like double vision. I wear glasses now at low light and it has cured the problem.

10. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You could also try going a little bigger on your peep size. You lose just a little accuracy, but not enough to matter in a hunting situation. It lets a lot more light through and may clear up the pins for you.

11. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    I would rather not deal and spend the money on a verifier peep yet. Its weird because I don't feel like I need bifocals or something because I can read at any distance but focusing far away and close at the same time is my problem

12. lgordon711

Dislikes Received:
    I shot tonight right when shooting hours would be going out which is when it is the worst I think and I figured out half the problem. Now they are by no means perfect but I did notice that the target im shooting at which is the Rinehart 18-1 and it has flo green targets on black and the flo green blends in at that lighting with my green and yellow pins. So I held up to a tree and looked at my pins and they were a lot better. So that would more simulate a deer. but still they were not like they probably should be so ill just have to give it time and see I guess.

13. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome. :violin: Talk to your doctor... but you'll just have to figure out what works best and go with it.

14. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have bifocal contacts and they work excellent!

Hutch