Blood Runner Broadheads

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bear3725, Sep 9, 2011.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I understand that broad head companies like to do the same thing the guys on youtube and forums and all that stuff do. They do it because its easy and looks valid. But its not. Kind of like taking a family car and seeing how well it handles off road. Can it do it? Probably to an extent but thats not what its made for. Same with these they will go through foam and wood and whatever else people come up with but thats not what they are made for. Also foam targets don't have bones and sacks full of blood and air and hide. Who knows how well a broad head will handle these different variables. And thats just it, they will be different nearly every time you shoot an animal. The angle will almost always be a little different in some way shape or form.

Also, in most targets I have found that even new targets have softer spots than others. One shot may go in 3in while the next goes in 5 in even though both arrows went into foam that had never been shot before. Layered targets are really bad about this but the same thing happens with my Rinehart although to less of an extent. At the end of the day you can do whatever makes you happy. Thats the beauty in having all these choices. They all work. You put the shot where its supposed to and in a few minutes you have a dead deer at the end of a nice blood trail. Do whatever you want to pick and choose the type of broad head you would like to use. Just will never see me believe or revert to this type of "testing".

For the record I hate arguing. Generally the most easy going non confrontational guy ever.

I don't know what kind of expense it would be but I would love to see some targets made up like they do on deadliest warrior. With a full skeleton wrapped in ballistics gel with organ replicas placed inside. May try to make one up next year when the weather starts getting better again. Would try it now but all my extra funds are being hoarded for gas money during season.

Sorry to run on but this is my opinion. And you have your opinion. I'll just leave it at that.

2. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    311826_10150273240942504_542247503_7506073_1310902374_n.jpg This is a doe I shot just this past weekend. I was using the bloodrunner 2 blades and she only made it about 40yds from the point of impact. i think i'll stick with these broadheads :rock:

3. Long Beard Gobbler

Long Beard Gobbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bloodrunners are a badass broad head hands down no point in arguing that. Any broad head with the appropriate shot placement will cause any game to go down. What i like about the broad head is the whole hybrid idea. I have confidence that no matter what i will have a decent size whole in the animal if the blades don't "deploy". I almost bought the Rages when i was first looking for broad heads and and i did a little more research I found the bloodrunners. So i compared the two, and what in my opinion found out was the bloodrunners had less cons than Rages. I don't want to be out in the woods having to worry if my broad head might malfunction. I have been very happy ever since i made the choice and the deer i have shot with them i have had COMPLETE pass through and had a short track job.

4. z7x

z7x Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was also wondering how close these flew to fps i shoot montec cs right now but these have a fixed point look n expand too. Great idea. & the statement about ke n momentum being greater is correct in theory but fact ke builds the drops off too. The whole reason the arrow falls through flight, other wise it never fall. Depending on the setup max ke n momentum are at different ranges.

5. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    in my opinion, the KE thing has its boundaries for me. Thats the point behind rifle hunting. the bullet from a rifle is like getting punched with dozens of thousands of pounds of energy, killing the deer with devastation through blunt force. an arrow is made to cut through organs and tissue causing the deer to bleed out. when picking broadheads i look for the ones that can cut the best. when reloading bullets i go for stopping power. yeah KE will help if you're shooting through bone, but how many of us aim to hit the shoulder blade?

6. cabinkeeper

cabinkeeper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back to my thunderheads....I just don't trust the 3 blade Rage.I won't take the chance.to iffy for me.I know the fixed blade will work just fine.I use the K.I.S.S method,Keep It Simple Silly.....I don't wanna be thinkin bout the BH just before launching it...

7. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did the same thing you did except I was trying out the Spitfire. I will say today I actually saw 2 deer that had been shot with a bloodrunner. One with a 3 and one with a 2 and I have to say they were probably the craziest cuts I have ever seen on a deer. The 2 blade was just a wicked cut. Probably going to give them a shot next year after seeing that.

8. shenglu

shenglu Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen what they can do their good days and bad, even when they do not work just right, you still find deer laying 50yds from where you stuck it. I chose the runner-up in the fierce blood, just because technology seems to be a little more airtight.

9. bluej

bluej Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Penetrations

I take it that all three arrows had not hit channels previously made making all things equal as possible?

10. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Arrow test image from above is no proof of anything. Now if they said they shot each arrow 40 times and these were results in 35 of 40 rounds then I believe it. Regardless, love me some Bloodrunners. Thought about trying Killzones but these worked so great for me last year that I had to stick with them. Way better then Rage IMO. No rubber bands, they stay shut, and don't chew up quiver. Maybe new Rage with clips like (G5's) are better but I haven't ever shot them. Bloodrunner, best of the fixed and expandable worlds.

other then how easily people believe

11. brian923

brian923 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i really want to give the bloodrunners a try. i just need to come up with the fundage. ill probably wait to see if they go on sale after the season. i have some ramcats that i got last year and wanst able to try.

12. dunncty22

dunncty22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just took down my first buck with a bow last night using NAP 2-Blade 100Grain Bloodrunners. All I can say is wow! 3.5 yr old deer at 20 yards and these broadheads just destroyed him. Double lung shot and a 90 yard long blood trail that was just pouring out of him. These broadheads are the real deal and I will never ever switch back to a Rage.

13. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think this test proves enough for me.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351392832.800321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351392846.602667.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351392867.801126.jpg

14. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If it helps, I found mine on eBay for 18.99 free shipping, brand new.

15. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shoot rage 3 blades i have been hunting for 4 years now and finaly had a big enough buck to take, at 20 yards i made a bad shot... i still found him. thats why i will always shoot rage. im not saying other heads wont do this but why switch somthing you know works? the only thing i might consider is the new rage 2 blades that are over 2in and thats only cause i wanna be able to hang my deer up and see threw it hahaha :)