Bleed over audio

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by drslyr, Sep 22, 2016.

1. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I have a cannon HFG20 and a gopro4 silver and the remote control for the go pro. While on a FL. pig hunt I attached the go pro to the leg of the tripod feeder at pig height hoping I could get a reverse angle of an arrow shot pig. When I watched the footage back on the HFG20 it picked up a loud buzzing noise from the transmitter for the go pro. Also while predator hunting in the winter the HFG20 picks up transmitter bleed from the transmitter to change the fox pro sounds ,levels etc. I'm wearing the go pro remote on the wristband like a watch. Anyone have similar issues and a way to correct this audio bleed?

2. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what type of Mic you were using. I honestly don't know a lot about this but I have had problems catching radio interference when I was using a mic with a Miniplug. Once you get into a mic with an XLR cord it gets rid of that. If you were just using the on-board mic I assume it has to do with something similar, just internal.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like it is most likely what Prestonwk is talking about. Most likely the cable for your mic is not shielded and will pickup other radio transmissions. You might see if you can find a shielded cable and see if that corrects the problem.

4. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using an azden smx10 shotgun mic. Anybody using a Rode shotgun mic have audio bleed?

5. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Rode VideoMic and have not had any problems with it. That being said, it is still a Miniplug Mic so I guess it could still happen but I have not had any problems yet. The Mic I actually had problems with in the past was the SMX10 so maybe it is just that mic