Bleacher rail platform

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by oldnotdead, Jul 6, 2021.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well hubby had to do a bleacher demo and it had very heavy duty reinforced aluminum pipe rails that perfect square when stacked. 4 1/2x4 1/2 ft. I Have the corner post and side rails. This would be a short platform no blind....yet. I will cover the pipes after spraying green or blk. With the playground matss they got off another demo. Here is where I want to put it, a quick quiet scoot between pines from the road. Great for a west North/w west or a south wind. Front corner of beans and corn / sorghum. Surrounded by the chestnut trees....all shots away from road. It will sit over a big rock pile I allowed to grow up in Virginia 20210701_100834.jpg 20210701_100804.jpg 20210701_100733.jpg creeper covered honey suckle bush and an autumn olive bush.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Today I took the tractor and pulled the last of the old goat pasture 6x6 gate post. That went smoothly with just one snapping off at ground level. For some reason it had rotted even though pressure treated. I will cut them in half giving me 5 foot legs. I'm looking forward to this simple build. Just side rails and angle braces. The floor base is strong enough that it will only need a roll of metal pipe hanger to secure the "floor" to the rails. Paint to cover the aluminum shine. Pretty much free with all repurposed material on hand.

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Out taking pics, thought I'd show you what I attempted to explain this is the bleacher rail. Take it out of square and you can see its a railing section. This will be my decking. The thick play yard rubber matting is all I'll need. They are thick enough to handle the spacing of tubes.

20210729_083212.jpg