Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

BladeSled guy is new to this Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by BladeSled guy, Jul 24, 2024.

1. BladeSled guy

BladeSled guy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Bowhunters, I’m an Engineer and Bowhunter since 1986. I shoot whitetail from hang on stands and saddle in Midwest USA. Owner of BladeSled.com broadhead sharpeners.

2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    welcome ........ better than the plastic ones I hope ..... looking for something that works on Black Hornets .. suppose to be a 15 degree bevel on 'em says Mike from Magnus .....

BladeSled guy likes this.
  3. BladeSled guy

BladeSled guy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir, way better than plastic. 6061 aircraft aluminum is very rigid and won’t flex so it clamps much tighter than plastic with low effort. Also, it won’t break after a few uses.

for Magnus blades, they are thick so an included washer is used as a spacer on the back side over the alignment pin. The BladeSled has two axle positions for angle choice. With 3/16” of the blade exposed from the clamp, the sharpening angles are about 17 and 19 degrees. To fine tune the sharpening angle just expose a little more of the blade. For Magnus and a 15 degree angle, you want to expose about 1/4” on the 17 degree axle position.
    Thanks,