Black Eagle Rampage questions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Travisk711, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Travisk711

Travisk711 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who here is shooting the BE Rampages? I've got a dozen shafts on the way, Ive done some reading on them and it sounds like the general consensus is that they fly very well and are durable, just curious about the half-outs as Ive never used an arrow with them. What can I expect out of these in real world situations? Any issues when building the arrows and installing them? Durability on the half-outs/shafts where they meet? Can I expect some "protection" to the shaft with the half-outs? Thanks in advanced!

2. dukester78

dukester78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Travisk711 likes this.
  3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t use the halfouts with Rampages. Running 75 grain brass hits with VPA flanged footing. So far they been excellent.

Bootlegger likes this.
  4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m shooting them with the 75gr Hit as well. No footings in mine though. They are a fantastic hunting shaft, I don’t plan on changing anytime soon.

5. Travisk711

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info guys. Whats the reasoning for not using the halfouts? Looking for more FOC or is it a durability issue?

6. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    the reason i dont like half out is that i didnt find them consistent with heavy use. Eventually they get a wobble.
    Here are a picture of the footers i use to protect the end of the shaft. I used to cut and swedge my own however the VPA with a flange are nicer then anything i can build.
    [​IMG]

7. Travisk711

Dislikes Received:
    Was the wobble from the insert bending? I’m just trying to educate myself on what I’m buying. I don’t question the shaft quality, I’ve just never used anything other than a standard insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I think the wobble comes from the force against the halfout from pulling them from targets, you have a lever applying lateral force.
    some bend and some become slightly misaligned. It think in honesty it takes quite a bit of use in most cases ..andit alsi depends on how picky you are. A tiny wobble might not bother someone i it does me or then again they might not even notice.

9. Travisk711

Dislikes Received:
    I really appreciate the insight, I am very picky about these details, I tend to make sure everything that I can control is 100% spot on. A little bit anal you could say lol, but I am a motorcycle tech, with majority of my interest in motocross and I dont leave anything to chance in pretty much anything I do, could be the fine line between success and failure.

10. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    No problem. You can always build a few with the half outs and see how they work for you. It’s not hard to pull them then clean the shaft and install HITs later on.

Travisk711 likes this.
  11. plc613

plc613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lookup Ethics Archery. They have a much better insert system for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    what about them makes them different then the other three or four half outs that look exzactly the same and are made of the same or similar materials?

13. plc613

plc613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Highly doubt were talking about the same thing here. This is a custom insert solution I'm referring to. It's been well tested. It's better than any stock solution.

14. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Is it the in their website? Because I am looking at it and on the website now ....?
    Post a link.

15. plc613

plc613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No it's not. It's custom made brand new offering. It's currently only made for certain spines but 204 is next.

The one in the pic is for .166/.165 but the concept is the same. The one on the left is with the collar/sleeve which goes overtop and seats itself on the outsert part. The sleeve handles lateral force and the outsert linear force. It's adjustable in weight by cutting off sections as shown.[​IMG]

Travisk711 and trial153 like this.
  16. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting. Nice to see someone trying to address the lateral force issue on an outsert. Most manufacturers of them just dismiss it as a nonevent.
    I have my reservation on a two piece outsert and it’s alignment with the shaft. However I would reserve that judgment till I used it.

Good job.

Travisk711 likes this.
  17. plc613

plc613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These guys are really serious in their manufacturing process. You'd be impressed how tight that is.

Travisk711 likes this.
  18. Travisk711

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate all of this info, I’m really looking to just build a setup that’s somewhat “bomb proof” in a sense. Although most anything will be better than the blu RZs I’ve been using. Look at them funny and they break, even though they fly great. A step down from the blue streaks IMO. I’m gonna enjoy a bit more arrow weight, and I’m really happy to get a good FOC setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

plc613 likes this.