Black eagle arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by bigfootcali, Apr 9, 2017.

1. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know I'm late on this one but life got me busy,so when did just start shooting black eagle arrows and when did bhod team up with them.......oh and how you like them zombie slayers. Sorry for the question just curious.

Sent from my Z988 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They swapped over fairly recently, I can let one of the other guys answer better on that.. I run the Black Eagle Rampages for hunting and debating between the PS23 or 26 for 3D this coming year. The rampages hit harder than the FMJ's I used to run and are lighter and smaller.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    We switched over last year before the season got started and couldn't be happier. I'm personally shooting Zombie Slayers for turkeys simply because I like a fast, light, flat-shooting arrow and don't care much about a ton of penetration. When it comes to whitetails I'll be shooting Rampages which performed great last year for me.

4. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, I've always been a proponent of small diameter arrow shafts. I'd shot Easton Axis since 2003 when they were introduced until Carbon Express was affiliated. Their only small diameter was the Pile Driver PTE and I never fell in love with them. I'm ecstatic to be able to shoo the Black Eagles. I'm shooting the Renegade with a 75gr brass insert, I chose the Renegade over the Rampage solely because they are a little bit heavier. Last year they performed flawlessly for me.

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Zombie Slayers will smoke turkey for sure! Love the yellow cresting too!
    2017 Tom 1.jpg

JP Thornsley and Dubbya like this.
  6. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the update on the info. I have been looking into the black eagles aswell and the fmj. I love bhod and the way you guys keep it honest and give us feedback back and respond back to post. I can't wait for this season and see what you guys do. Bhod from California

Sent from my Z988 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. rustednuts

rustednuts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do find the brass inserts are helpful even with the extra weight of the arrow?

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used Rampages last year killing a moose, whitetail and mule deer. For the most part I really like them however I have made some changes to the components as the factory inserts and nocks I felt went not the best.
    The nocks got changed to x nocks as they where more durable and consistent from nock to nock. I also found nock bushing that's will work in the rampages, and I might play with them this spring. If, or when your going to have any durability issue with the rampages it seems to show up on the nock end with hairline cracks running parallel to the shaft. I have seen this with both the x nocks and also the factory BEA nocks.
    I used both the premium SS halfouts and the standard half outs. They were too hit or miss with me, they work well with field points and some shorter ferule broadheads however they will develop a wobble with heavy use. I since switched over to brass hits, and to complement and protect the front of the shaft I use a flanged footer that I epoxy in place. This combination has been very solid. However I will admit that the expense of all the additional components might not be for everyone.
    I think i have built about 4-5 dozen arrows in Rampages in both 300 and 350 spine, all .001. Arrow to arrow they are extremely consistent, the only better shafts I have used are ACC's in regards to consistent spine and builds. The onegatives on them is they aren't the most durable shaft and the components are subpar. I am not sure I would recommend them to the average guy that uses the same dozen arrows day in and out. However I think if you looking to build a premium build they are an option.

9. JP Thornsley

JP Thornsley Newb

Dislikes Received:
  10. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    looks like the question has already been ansewered. Love me some zombie slayers
    [​IMG]