Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Bill Busbice pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by trial153, Jun 27, 2017.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with Fletch with everything. The TV guys, pro staffers, field staffers, whatever else you want to label people, can rationalize it how ever they want.

Some guys like the ways things are now. Some don't.

Swamp Stalker and trial153 like this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Again, easy to say when you don't stand to lose anything. Like it or not we're all looking out for our own self interest at some level. That's how we survive.

Not saying that people should do nothing, but don't mistake lack of immediate action for lack of caring.

roadrunner likes this.
  3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We should hug.

4. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get him excited.

fletch920 likes this.
  6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if it's in the thread already.... but it would be truly sad of the bowmar deal ends up more detrimental to hunting than this. I hope everyone drops them and theor POS products.

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This was on Facebook, if you need anymore reason to no have an association with these people then this bull **** statement will give it to you.

Wildgame Innovations, a subsidiary of Plano Synergy, would like to share this message from CEO David E. Dudick in light of recent incidents. As a company, we are proud of our legacy, our diverse brands and our team. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practice of game hunting.

Important Message from David E. Dudick, Chief Executive Officer, Plano Synergy

Wildgame Innovations, a subsidiary of Plano Synergy, has a culture that is grounded in integrity, and respect for the outdoors. This comes with the expectation that we will always do the right thing. Our decisions will always reflect our commitments to our customers and consumers. The reported incidents in no way reflect upon the values of our Company, brands and employees. Our customers and consumers choose us because they appreciate our never-ending zeal to deliver high quality products and exceptional service.
    We are currently gathering the facts surrounding this incident and offer the assurance of appropriate and swift action. We have a deep respect for law, tradition and the ethical practices of our sports. We take pride in serving our industry and promote the fair and lawful practices of game hunting.
    Every day we strive to be a company that is trustworthy, respectful and fair with our consumers, employees, customers and business partners. We ask for your trust and patience as we collect the facts and determine our next steps. We promise to keep you updated in a timely manner.

8. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just read that. I wonder if they are going to try to wait it out to see if it slowly goes away. After a couple months over the whole UA Bowmar fiasco, it was forgotten by many and people were back to their normal buying ways supporting them.

9. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's not as easy as it sounds to just cut ties immediately. These shows are contracted to the networks for possibly six figures plus in airtime costs. Most of the time, money from sponsors comes in installments throughout the year so for these shows that are sponsored by Plano/Synergy brands, if they break their contract, the remaining balance won't be paid for sure....not to mention their contract may be written in a way that a breach could result in legal action requiring already paid sponsorship fees be refunded....which the show may win the case but you still have legal expense and so on. Topping that off, the networks won't give you any breaks....they will get their money from the show. For a show to just drop their sponsorship(s) with Plano/Synergy brands, it could literally put them into bankruptcy. So, me personally, I'm not judging anyone currently associated with Plano/Synergy. But it definitely sucks for the honest people working for and associated with them....I know a handful of them.

Hammer1171, copperhead and Justin like this.
  10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please spare me. Even the greenest law clerk wouldn't put a contact on the desk without a morals clause. Who writes your contracts Mickey Mouse?

Sota likes this.
  11. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is a morals clause in most contracts...mine have them but I've seen contracts that don't. Regardless, I can guarantee there would be a fight to get money still owed which could take months or years to settle and the show probably won't get it. The networks are also still going to want their fees on the first of every month. When you're talking about the average TV show, it would put them out of business and could bankrupt them. So again, I wouldn't blame them for finishing out the contract and then moving on next year.

12. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not a lot of positive has come with it oh sure it make Ted famous and spook and chris bracket, who wants to join that peer group?

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is a pathetic justification. funny how holding people accountable when they represent true sportsmanship is considered spreading hate.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think people get it what is represented on camera is not always accurate, not an indictment of all hunters that video but come on the paid industry of filming hunting is contaminated. Outside of that the B roll, the music , all of it is all the same and mimicked by anyone with a camera.

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't like the guy before all this came to the forefront and I like the guy even less now.

I can't say I am surprised. For everyone that is caught, there is probably 10x that many that haven't been. $$$ is king and it has a tendency to corrupt anything and everything it gets in the middle of... I disagree about video making people in the industry more honest as they are in total control of the footage. Just because it is recorded doesn't mean it will ever be seen.

Jeepwillys likes this.
  17. Bowsage

Bowsage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why are you " putting words in my mouth" ? My post says what it says, nothing to do with holding people accountable. My statement is about spreading hate, perhaps you missed that.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody is spreading hate they are voicing their opinion on a person that is a scum bag on a discussion forum.

19. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is the winner right here^^^^^

Your a smart man Justin!

Fletch, reading your posts have given me +6 intelligence points! well stated as always!

For my developmental psychology final exam, I just wrote a 14 page research paper on this quoted topic.
    Social media is destroying our society. It has brought out a narcissistic side of our society, and in the bigger scheme of things, children are being affected the most. These kids are forced to act out, because of the neglect, due to their mothers updating their status, or taking selfies, to get "likes" on Facebook to make themselves feel better.

Social media is destroying the hunting community as well.

EDIT: I agree with Fletch 100%

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    TheHardWoods913 and tynimiller like this.
  20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are nailing it. Saddest part of it all, for the most part social media will quiet down in weeks and only those that truly care will still be talking about it....sad fact of the world we live in.

Appear as though you care, appear as though you are great, appear as though people should want to be you...appear, appear, appear....no one cares about actually being anymore.