Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Biggest buck to date with bow

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by jhlawson1980, Mar 10, 2024.

1. jhlawson1980

jhlawson1980 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is my largest buck to date with a bow. I killed him in northern Missouri while hunting with a good friend of mine. We scored him at 152. This was a special day I will never forget. I hope to top it one day. IMG_4055.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck and looks like you made a great shot! Great job.

If any story to the hunt to share, would love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

jhlawson1980 likes this.
  3. jhlawson1980

jhlawson1980 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Story is pretty cool, I first saw him while I was hanging that set. He walked within 50 yards of me and I had a spike 10 yards away. He walked on past I finished hanging the stand. Had to wait a few days for the right wind to get back in that stand. That morning I was climbed in the stand at 745 the guy building our house called and I forgot to put phone on silent. lol texted him for a few minutes then decided to do a little rattling. He came walking by me about 45 yards. I picked up my grunt call and grunted to him twice. Put the call down grabbed my bow. When he committed I drew my bow back. Walked to 20 yards and stopped quartering to me real hard. I had my pin 20 yard pin right where the shot was but I was waiting for him to turn. Of course the wind swirled and I knew he was about to bolt out. Settled the pin and as he went to squat to run I released the arrow. It ended up being perfect shot. Hit bottom of heart, lung, and liver. Came out under his left back leg. Arrow still has never been found. He ran about 30 yards and stopped so I watched and thought he walked off. Called my buddy to tell him and I got down. I walked to shot sight and he was standing 20 yards looking at me. He then jumped the creek bank and I lost sight of him. Went to where he was standing and it was a pile of blood. Walked over the creek bank and he was laying ten yards on other side. I did not realize how big he was till I got to him. It was an amazing hunt. My buddy showed up and we got him out and up the hill. Hunt I will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    152" with bow, 173" with gun .......

dstouffer and jhlawson1980 like this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah! Great hunt. Thanks for writing it out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

jhlawson1980 likes this.