Big Game hunting in Africa?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by DVS, Sep 3, 2017.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!

Rangerdan likes this.
  2. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think African bowhunting videos are pretty generic. They are, for the most part, all the same. Sit in the blind, and wait for them to come in. There are a few videos available of walk-and-stalk type hunting, but very few. I think more now than ever, people want to see hard work before harvesting an animal. People like; Steven Rinella, Adam Greentree, Donnie Vincent & Cam Hanes...they have brought us from our living rooms into the backcountry exploring the wild that's left to explore. Africa has so much to offer, make it different & exciting. I think there is a real gap in the market for this. People are tired of watching 10 minutes of pre-hunt discussion, 20 minutes of advertisements and 10 minutes inside a ground blind overlooking water, before the final 2 minutes of action. Just my 10-cents, but if this motivates someone to do a better job filming what Africa is really about, I'm going to be blunt/honest.

WillO and CoveyMaster like this.
  3. DVS

DVS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I would share a awesome photo, one of our PH's took while sitting in a blind, with one of our clients this year. Not something you get to see so often and up close. One of many things hunters get to experience by enjoying the quietness of a blind. And something also worth mentioning, I think, is that the hunter that was sitting with this PH has a heart condition and this was the only way he could make a boyhood dream come true, being able to hunt a buffalo with a bow. It took a lot of time, patience and persistence, but it happened for him and we where so honoured to be able to help him in this proses. Something that would never ever been able any other way. Every hunter has a story, so don't just assume. You know what they say about assumptions!

Attached Files:

JGD likes this.
  4. DVS

DVS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is this not one of the most magnificent animals you have ever seen? We are so blessed to have these beautiful creatures in Africa!

Attached Files:

JGD and zachd like this.
  5. DVS

DVS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All the way, from the heart of Africa!

Attached Files:

JGD and CoveyMaster like this.